Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL star Michael Vick leaves prison for home confinement

Thumbs up NFL star Michael Vick leaves prison for home confinement

(Comeback here we come!!!)

NFL star Vick leaves prison for home confinement

(05-20) 05:48 PDT Richmond, Va. (AP) --
    An attorney for Michael Vick says the suspended NFL star has left a Kansas prison and is on his way back to Virginia to meet the next challenges he'll face.
    Larry Woodward, a member of Vick's legal team, says Vick left the federal penitentiary at Leavenworth overnight. Woodward says Vick is happy to be starting this part of the process. He's due to return to Virginia later this week to begin serving the final two months of his sentence under home confinement at a home he owns in Hampton.
    Vick had been serving a 23-month sentence for financing a dogfighting ring.
    The former Atlanta Falcons quarterback is expected to be released from federal custody July 20, and hopes to persuade NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to reinstate him.
    THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.
    RICHMOND, Va. (AP) A person familiar with the release details said suspended NFL star Michael Vick left a Kansas prison Wednesday for home confinement in Virginia, the latest step on a journey that he hopes will lead to his return to the NFL.
    The person spoke on condition of anonymity because no public announcement has been made. The person said Vick left the federal penitentiary at Leavenworth before dawn, evading cameras and reporters who had staked out the building ahead of his expected released this week.
    Vick had been serving a 23-month sentence for financing a dogfighting ring. He will spend the last two months of the term on electronic monitoring at his five-bedroom home in Hampton, Va.
    The former Atlanta Falcons quarterback is expected to be released from federal custody July 20, but he will be on probation for three years. He hopes to persuade NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to reinstate him.
    Vick, once the NFL's highest-paid player, will be allowed to leave his house to work a $10-an-hour job as a laborer for a construction company and for other limited purposes approved by his probation officer. He will be handed a new set of rules when he begins serving three years of probation after his expected July 20 release from federal custody.
    The transfer from the federal penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kan., will allow Vick to begin rebuilding his life, repairing his image and working toward his goal of reinstatement to the NFL.
    Vick wants to work with the Humane Society of the United States on a program aimed at eradicating dogfighting among urban teens, society president Wayne Pacelle said Tuesday. Pacelle said he recently met with Vick at the federal prison in Leavenworth.
    Goodell has said he will review Vick's status after his criminal case is concluded. He has said Vick will have to persuade him and the public that he is genuinely sorry for his crime, that he has been changed by his experience and that he is committed to leading a different life.
    Even if he is reinstated, Vick's future in the league is uncertain. He and the Falcons have parted ways, agreeing to a contract settlement that will allow Vick to sign with another team if there is one willing to endure the wrath of some fans in exchange for the services of a player who was perhaps the NFL's most electrifying performer.
    A public backlash isn't the only risk. By all accounts, Vick has tried to stay in good physical shape, but there's no telling how much his skills have eroded after two missed seasons.
    Vick, who turns 29 in June, said in bankruptcy court last month that he believes he can play another 10-12 years. The NFL career average is only 3.2 years and Vick already has played seven.

oh lovely wonder who's going to sign the asshole
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Interesting excerpt from the CNN article:
    Meanwhile, Vick's attorneys have said he will work at a Newport News construction firm following his release, and he has also agreed to participate in a documentary for $600,000.

Last month, a federal bankruptcy judge denied a Chapter 11 bankruptcy plan presented by Vick, urging him to offer the court another plan to emerge from bankruptcy.

The plan called for Vick to come up with $750,000 to $1 million in cash to be paid to creditors, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Frank Santoro said, but added he saw no evidence Vick could come up with that much. Santoro suggested Vick's next plan not call for him to keep two houses and three cars, as did the rejected proposal.

Michael Vick leaves prison for home confinement - CNN.com

It also says he's going to be working with the Humane Society to educate people on the horrors of dogfighting...

I really hate this guy, he and his sorry ass brother...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

why is this a good thing?

Fucker should rot
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Fuck this asshole. He can stay at his $10/hour job.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Screw a comeback. This man was an animal abuser, and he always will be. May his face be torn off by a pitbull.

Fuck Vick. Personally, I would like to see karma, in the form a Mastiff, use him as a chew toy.

*Looks at Oakland, Detroit, and other sorry teams* Who will jump first?

Somewhere Jerry Jones is imagining what Vick would look like in a Cowboys uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Somewhere Jerry Jones is imagining what Vick would look like in a Cowboys uniform.
    You know it. If he donates fully half his salary to animal shelters,maybe.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    You know it. If he donates fully half his salary to animal shelters,maybe.
    Knowing Jones, he'll milk it for all of the publicity he can and have Vick giving away free puppies at the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Screw a comeback. This man was an animal abuser, and he always will be. May his face be torn off by a pitbull.
    I like the way your thinking

OMG this would make me giggle like hell(not a cowboys fan)

Knowing Jones, he'll milk it for all of the publicity he can and have Vick giving away free puppies at the stadium.
    I can so see this happening
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by KandyKorn View Post
    Fuck this asshole. He can stay at his $10/hour job.
    Yeah. I have to. And I didn't even kill/torture any animals! Make the fucker work 75 hours a week too!!!!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Yep. And photo ops for every shelter we have. This might work out! Oh-and he will be accompanied by a Peta rep,a Baptist minister and a Catholic priest. To shoe how he has repented,donchaknow.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

thumbs up for michael vick?

ummm, no.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    thumbs up for michael vick?

ummm, no.
    Jerry Jones is like the Rehab King of the football world. He just might give it a shot. Needs a back-up anyway.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information