Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My nosejob consult

I've always loved Catherine Deneuve. She's one of my heroes.

What's wrong with your nose? Can you post a pic?
    Last edited by waikiki; January 8th, 2007 at 06:54 AM.

Elite Member

I wish I had something to report about my consult...but no dice I arranged for babysitting and drove all the way across town and got there a few minutes early, only to have the receptionist tell me that she had just called my house and that the doctor was still in surgery and could I come back later. There was no way! My son was at school and I had to be home by a certain time to meet him at the bus stop. So she apologized profusely and offered to reschedule so I said how about next Monday the 15th (DH has the day off) and she said the doctor is off that day. So I have not rescheduled and at this point I want to say screw it anyway because I don't want to take a chance on going through this again. I wasted 2 hours of my life trying to go to this consult. I was so nervous about it too. All wasted energy.

At this point I am thinking it might be best to wait at least a couple of years anyway...I have an almost 2 year old and I am constantly getting rammed in the face by one of the kids. I don't know if I can take a chance on the surgery being messed up. There is no way I can avoid having my daughter near my face for 2-3 weeks while I heal.

Perhaps in the meantime I can figure out how to use makeup more artfully to camoflague the flaws.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah, maybe it was a sign that now's not the right time. It might be best to wait until your daughter's a little older anyway. Not only do you run the risk of getting hit in the nose, but you're not supposed to do any lifting post op. Sorry it didn't work out this time, but it will someday.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah sorry about the inconvenience but it does seem like providence. Dealing with little children post-op PS is difficult. My son was 26 months old, and walking well. We had a long flight of stairs up to our condo door, and I couldn't pick him up. He did really well. If I hadn't had faith in that, I would have waited. I was a very hands-on touchy feely mom, so it was hard not to pick my kids up for 3 months. It passed quickly, though.

Now as for keeping kids away from your face, not! It's just impossible. I cut my hair right before my daughter was born, what a mistake! I couldn't put it up and she was constantly grabbing it while feeding. And "baby-slapping" doesn't stop for quite awhile, although you may be safe when both are at least 3 years old.

hotncmom,

I have researched plastic surgeons for rhinoplasties extensively. What doctor did you try to see?
    "Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast."

Not to suggest that you should do something you're not comfortable with but I had an open rhino/septoplasty about 3.5 years ago. I was 19, and a little scared but honestly it wasn't nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be. I have literally thin skin and bleed heavily so the procedure was riskier than it is for most people. I looked gross for one week and the bruising disappeared after about 2 weeks (but the second week it wasn't that bad, it was mainly covered by my regular concealer). I bruise extremely easily and honestly it was not that bad at all. I am in Canada but my surgeon was fantastic, so anyone needing a recommendation just PM. My surgeon got rid of the bump on my nose, fixed the tip - it was twisted and pulled to one side, fixed an extremely deviated septum. He did so much work to fix it, but it still looks very much the way it originally did, but just a lot better if that makes sense. Don't let fear hold you back, because I can tell you, the confidence I've gained was worth the fear. And it really didn't even hurt except getting the cast taken off. (I have a whole bottle of T3's I never took because it was so painless).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information