Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Basics of Rhinoplasty

Elite Member

Does the price you're quoted include everything...anethesia, surgery suite, post op care, the whole deal?

What I'm worried about is what if something goes wrong? Does your insurance cover problems related to surgery that wasn't covered by insurance in the first place?

Plus, I don't know if I could deal with the recovery period...I have 2 kids and they need to go places, so I can't just hole up at home with my post-surgery swelling and bruising until everything looks OK.

Quote Originally Posted by SuriCruise View Post
    Has anyone here had a revision rhinoplasty?
    my PS does a great deal of revision rhinos...they're much tougher than regular rhinos because of all the scar tissue from the previous surgery.
    I highly recommend getting a passport photo & profile photo prior to plunking down your deposit. Also, revision rhinos are more expensive then regular rhinos. I worked in the office for 6 yrs and now i work from home, doing the patient photos whenever requested. I'm working on two now.

Quote Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
    Does the price you're quoted include everything...anethesia, surgery suite, post op care, the whole deal?

What I'm worried about is what if something goes wrong? Does your insurance cover problems related to surgery that wasn't covered by insurance in the first place?

Plus, I don't know if I could deal with the recovery period....I have 2 kids and they need to go places, so I can't just hole up at home with my post-surgery swelling & bruising until everything looks OK.
    You need a detailed quote which should show both the facility fee (which will include; anesthesia, surgery room, nurses, anesthesiologist). Separate is the surgical fee (doctor's fee, months of post-op visits, pre-surgery visits & two pre-surgical Before/After photos).

Your recovery period could be greatly reduced if you use the right homeopathic aids. And you'll have to be extremely careful in the first month running your kids around, as you're nose will be dangerously soft before it heals completely.

Look into CareCredit® Healthcare Finance - Payment Plans and Financing for Cosmetic Surgery, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Veterinary & Other Medical Procedures as a way to spread your surgical payments out. Double check with the doc, they have to tell you which plans they accept. My doc doesn't accept many of the no interest plans, because they take a big bite out of his profit. Lemme know if you need any more advice or info.
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

love this thread! i've been obsessed w/ hating my nose since i can remember, but i think the negatives or possible negative out-weigh the one positive of being "more attractive" cuz really i'd just be more basic or plain and not my unique self

what i really need are new lips and eyes!

No. You're fine. Stop making me say this.
    "We don't want other leaders and other countries laughing at us any more. And they won't be. They won't be." --Trump

"ROFL" -- rest of world

Alice Alice Alice...

No more with this drivel!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

new eyes (cuz they look old) and new lips (cuz they're small) but i need donors, im on the wait list for that

^Your eyes look old? At 28???

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    but i need donors,
    'splain plz
    "We don't want other leaders and other countries laughing at us any more. And they won't be. They won't be." --Trump

"ROFL" -- rest of world

Stop feeding the attention whore.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Then what the hell am I supposed to do with this econo sized bag of Attention Whore Chow®?

"ROFL" -- rest of world

Club her over the head with it?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information