Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Basics of Rhinoplasty

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I've seen a couple of really good nose jobs in real life. It looked like it took at least six months to heal, settle in, relax. The shape would change ever so slightly until it settled into what it's supposed to be.
    At least 6 months?!

Forget it.

fgg

^^just for all of the residual swelling to go down. i think you are pretty good to go after a couple weeks.

Yes, I should have clarified. The swelling goes down and it's your new nose, however some noses do need to relax and find themselves. I think the same thing of the facelifts I've seen. A good facelift looks best after six months.

I've had my nose job 15 months ago and there is still some swelling left. It hardly takes only 6 months.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by NHKMM View Post
    I've had my nose job 15 months ago and there is still some swelling left. It hardly takes only 6 months.
    how do you like it? did it turn out how you thought it would?

i'm getting mine done on thursday and i am super excited but scared as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorGirl View Post
    how do you like it? did it turn out how you thought it would?

i'm getting mine done on thursday and i am super excited but scared as hell.
    What work are you having done? I really want tip work done, I am thinking I am going to do it this summer.... I don't know though!

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    What work are you having done? I really want tip work done, I am thinking I am going to do it this summer.... I don't know though!
    i'm having basically everything that can be done, unfortunately. i don't remember all of the terms my doctor used but basically my bridge is too narrow, the tip needs to be restructured, parts are not defined properly, etc., etc. i went in for a consultation and i was so freaked out that i stewed over it for two years. i feel confident because my doctor is a professor at the local university, the head of plastic surgery at one local hospital, and the chief of staff at another local hospital.

dd - didn't you also want to do something to your teeth/mouth or am i misremembering?

i'm having basically everything that can be done, unfortunately. i don't remember all of the terms my doctor used but basically my bridge is too narrow, the tip needs to be restructured, parts are not defined properly, etc., etc. i went in for a consultation and i was so freaked out that i stewed over it for two years. i feel confident because my doctor is a professor at the local university, the head of plastic surgery at one local hospital, and the chief of staff at another local hospital.

dd - didn't you also want to do something to your teeth/mouth or am i misremembering?
    Wow, that's exciting. Good luck tomorrow!

Yes, I want to get my lip lowered, my lip line is not correctly placed inside my mouth. Every dentist I go to says it's incorrectly attached to my mouth and I have been to 2 consultations so far to oral surgeons, I am going to another one in January. My orthodontist (who I visit still) talked with me about it and said he would do the surgery if he were me, unfortuantely he doesn't do anything like that.

I've wanted to fix the tip of my nose since I was 13 years old. I thought I would get over it, but I never had. I try not to smile wide because it makes the tip of my nose looks funky and it makes my eyes look so tiny because the tip is large for my face. It looks like a clown/rudolph nose because it looks like a ball on the end of my nose. The rest of my nose looks fine though, I dont' have a bump or need any bridge work. I should find a google picture to show it to you!

i'm having basically everything that can be done, unfortunately. i don't remember all of the terms my doctor used but basically my bridge is too narrow, the tip needs to be restructured, parts are not defined properly, etc., etc. i went in for a consultation and i was so freaked out that i stewed over it for two years. i feel confident because my doctor is a professor at the local university, the head of plastic surgery at one local hospital, and the chief of staff at another local hospital

Did the Plastic Surgeons provide you with a Before/After Photo of what you would look like prior to your surgery?
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by TonjaLasagna View Post
    Did the Plastic Surgeons provide you with a Before/After Photo of what you would look like prior to your surgery?
    no, he didn't. we went through drawings which i'm glad for because i wouldn't want any unrealistic expectations of what i was going to look like afterwards. i just had to have faith.

i made it through and will get the packing and splint off on monday. my nose is EXTREMELY swollen - well, at least the tip is because that's all i can see right now. i have some bruising under my eyes and my face is a little swollen but other than that, it hasn't been bad.

^ Wow, glad everything went okay and you are doing alright. Let us know how it looks on Monday, congrats!

If you are gutsy enough, post before and after pics. Just put your nose if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    My friend's son just had a consultation. $7000 dollars. He'll probably do it in a year when he's 17.
    He's having it done in the summer after he turns 17. He had the computer photos done and he was pleased. He's paying for it himself instead of buying a used car which he won't need since he'll be going to college. We're all thrilled because his nose is so big compared to his small face. His mother, father, grandfather and two uncles all had nose jobs in their 20's. When he was being born he got stuck and his father shouted out...."It's the nose"!

Silver Member

I so want a nose job but I'm terrified about being unhappy with the results or having complications during surgery; anesthesia and revisions are a scary thought... I'd barely have money to afford a primary...
    Not to mention how embarrassing it would be for me to explain/justify a nose job considering my family is extremely conservative over such 'vanities'. *sigh*
    I'm a motherfucker and sell candles

I want a nose job. It seems everyone is getting them! I really don't know how I'd manage to save up the 4,000 but I really, really want one. How is everyone doing post-surgery? Did you get the results you wanted?
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Has anyone here had a revision rhinoplasty?

I had a rhinoplasty with septoplasty 10 months ago to improve my breathing and the appearance of my nose. My breathing has only slightly improved because one nostril is still quite obstructed by my septum, the appearance of my nose has improved so much though. It was a great choice to get done and well worth it. I'm looking at having a revision though to fix the tip which is slightly assymetrical. The columella isn't quite in the centre and the tip is a bit assymetric front on. I love my NJ but this one thing makes me avoid front on photos still. If anyone had this kind of thing fixed or has had a revision NJ, your advice and experiences would be great to hear!

And Levitt, if you're still here, post-op is ROUGH. I had my splints and everything removed 8 days post-op and when he handed me a hand mirror and I saw myself I said nothing and handed it back to him, I looked nothing like myself and shockingly awful. It's best not to look IMO because what you see then will not be what you see even in a few days time. For a week after that I looked like one of the blue things from Avatar, my nose was wide and kind of upturned a bit and flat like a lion. About 7-10 days after having the bandages removed I went out for the first time with some friends and looked quite good, so the swelling goes down dramatically at first. Most of my swelling was gone in 4-6 weeks which I believe is quite fast. The last little bit of swelling has stubbornly remained since then though but nobody else notices it. Sometimes my nose swells up randomly for anywhere from 10 minutes to a day, it just looks a little bigger and less defined to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information