Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18 year old dies from botched rhinoplasty!

Bronze Member

Default 18 year old dies from botched rhinoplasty!

I don't know if this is not allowed because it's not related to celebrities, but I just came across an article about a girl who died from a botched rhinoplasty. It's rather scary. The article doesn't say a lot about the procedure, but I wonder if the surgeons were really incompetent. I wonder what the hellll happened??!!

7Online.com: New York City and Tri-State News from WABC-TV

She was way too young for PS in the first place, and her nose looked fine. She was a lovely girl. I can't believe this, what a tragedy. I hope this is a lesson for not only women but young girls everywhere. Is it really worth it? I bet Mor Glisko would say no if she was here today.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Thats what scares me the most about going under the knife; the anaesthetic. The doctor cant predict if a person mightn't come out of it and they tell the patient that as well- you have to sign an agreement before any major surgery- there's always the chance you could die.

This is terrible. I wish people would realise that PS is just like any other surgery, and carries risks.

Having said that, the poor girl only went in to repair actual accident damage-I probably would have done the same in her place. Terrible waste.

first of all, who lets a doctor perform a rhinoplasty in his office?
    all the people i've ever known that got their noses done did so at the hospital.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    first of all, who lets a doctor perform a rhinoplasty in his office?
    all the people i've ever known that got their noses done did so at the hospital.
    Some doctors have private clinics, but they're supposed to be regulated and have easy access to a hospital.

It's likely that she would've died if she had had ANY surgery since it was a reaction to the anesthetic.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Surgery will always be surgery and it will always be risky. Why have it when it is completely unnecessary is beyond me. Self-esteem issues just don't seem like a good enough excuse for risking ones life.

it's extremely uncommon though. you probably have a higher risk of dying in a car crash or something. that said, they should make sure any surgical procedure is as safe as possible. usually there's a lot of testing involved before giving anyone anaesthesia to make sure they're healthy enough and also to rule out any allergies.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    it's extremely uncommon though. you probably have a higher risk of dying in a car crash or something. that said, they should make sure any surgical procedure is as safe as possible. usually there's a lot of testing involved before giving anyone anaesthesia to make sure they're healthy enough and also to rule out any allergies.
    Not really, usually you just fill out a form. There's only a problem if you have a family history of malignant hyperthermia, heart conditions, etc.

^^^^
    really? i had my breast reduction done in the states and they did a full battery of tests before, not just the form filling but also clotting tests, a chest x-ray, a shitload of blood tests, an EKG, and a ton more. and i was really young and healthy. i thought it was standard but i guess not. i think people should do their research and insist their doctors be really thorough.

Same here sputnik. Every time Iíve had surgery I had a pre-admission appointment first and they did all the tests you have mentioned. I was also required to have a mini-medical form completed by my family physician and spoke with the anesthesiologist who asked me further questions.

I would never agree to have surgery at a place where you only had to complete a form prior to surgery.

I donít know if this is true but on a TV show they said that the doctors were overheard blaming each other for what happened.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

This is so sad, she was a very pretty girl.

99% of botched surgeries are amateur doctors, u wont hear of a Dr 90210 type letting this happen, this gives ps the bad name - instead of the doc.
    ALL surgeries have a risk involved, due to the anaesthesia....
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

so sad and unnecessary

What a sad situation! Does anybody know what the Orthodox Jewish views on plastic surgery are? I thought of this because the article states that Orthodox Jews oppose autopsies- which I understand as it has to do with respecting the bodies of the deceased. But aren't tattoos also not allowed in the Orthodox Jewish culture? If so, I would think plastic surgery would go along the lines with having tattoos. I dunno- just curious!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information