Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My nosejob consult

Elite Member

Default My nosejob consult

So next week I have this consult with a plastic surgeon for a nosejob. If I like what I hear, and the price is $5000 or less, I'm thinking of going for it.
    My nose has always bothered me, the tip of it is too large and it has a line down the middle of the tip.

Anyway, I'm really nervous about just the consult! I was talking to DH about it this morning. The last 2 nights I've slept restlessly and had nosejob dreams. I don't know why I'm so nervous about just talking about it. Part of it is just admitting a flaw and discussing it with a stranger. The other part is the surgeon is about my age and he's a really good looking man - I feel intimidated, I guess!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

It will be ok.
    Just be honest with how you feel and with what you want.

Everyone that is in to see him is unhappy with something of themselves.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Hit By Ban Bus!

Good luck and let us know how it goes! Btw, is he a board certified facial plastic surgeon?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by tictac View Post
    Good luck and let us know how it goes! Btw, is he a board certified facial plastic surgeon?
    Yes, here is what his website says:

Double Board-Certified: American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, American Board of Otolaryngology / Head and Neck Surgery

Medical Degree: Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina

Member: American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Good luck!! I would love to get a nose job. As a child, I had a perfect nose, but when I got older the bridge developed a slight curve/bump, similar to Jessica Simpson's but not nearly that extreme. It has always really bothered me. From the front, my nose looks slim and nice, but I HATE my profile. My mom believes that I may have a deviated septum, in which case insurance would probably cover the work, but I don't know.

Hope all goes well hotncmom.

Just picture the doctor naked. Nevermind…..if he’s good looking that won’t help.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Wait, what does the original nose look like?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Wait, what does the original nose look like?
    Hear hear ... I demand pics!

Elite Member

Oh, hell no. No way am I posting a pic of myself on here. I thought about just cropping out everything but the nose, but you really have to see it in context of the entire face to make a judgement. And I don't need you guys' opinion anyways, I already don't like my nose and that's all that matters

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    So next week I have this consult with a plastic surgeon for a nosejob. If I like what I hear, and the price is $5000 or less, I'm thinking of going for it.
    My nose has always bothered me, the tip of it is too large and it has a line down the middle of the tip.

Anyway, I'm really nervous about just the consult! I was talking to DH about it this morning. The last 2 nights I've slept restlessly and had nosejob dreams. I don't know why I'm so nervous about just talking about it. Part of it is just admitting a flaw and discussing it with a stranger. The other part is the surgeon is about my age and he's a really good looking man - I feel intimidated, I guess!
    Good Luck!! Just remember you're only showing your nose! I had to show my bee stings. And they turned out INCREDIBLE. I still have the "before" pics. Every once in awhile I look at them and absolutely shudder. You'll be so happy you did this if you decide to go for it.

bee stings??? did i miss something??
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah, different thread About breast implants
    Kelly Clarkson needs breast implants (pics)

Good luck! I'm getting my nose done this year, too.

Elite Member

Any ideas on how to keep it from your friends/neighbors/family? I am thinking of scheduling it over spring break for my son so that I don't have to be seen at the bus stop with bandages/splint, whatever they put on you. Do you think after a week I could be seen in public with no one noticing? The only thing is that if I try to hide out in my house during spring break, there's this one nosy mom who wants to bring her son over to play with my son all the time, how can I avoid her?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Ugh nosy neighborhood moms are the worst. Just be polite and distant. I'll tell ya what though, you won't be able to hide it from absolutely everyone. I had people talking to my breasts for YEARS. The people who will notice your nose job will not be able to shut up about it for awhile, so this is something you will have to mentally prepare yourself for. You can ask the doc for suggestions about that, or support groups even. Find a Dear Abby or Ann Landers zinger and use it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information