Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Lisa Kudrow's nose job

Default Lisa Kudrow's nose job

Kudrow had a nose job when she was 16.

She says she used to have a "hook nose" and the new version is "considerably smaller".

"But I'm not even sure I love how that turned out," Kudrow tells American magazine Allure.

"I think plastic surgery looks weird - like plastic surgery".
    (http://archives.tcm.ie/breakingnews/...story73484.asp)
    Last edited by NHKMM; October 30th, 2006 at 04:25 PM.

Gold Member

I think it's one of the worst nose jobs in Hollywood right along with Calista Flockhart, but nowhere near Michael Jackson's disaster.

Oh well at least she admits it.

Andddddd she's still talking about this nose job . . .

Lisa Kudrow: I Got "Life Altering" Nose Job at Age 16, Was "Hideous" Before

Celebrity Beauty
    October 28, 2013 AT 3:30PM
    By Nicole Eggenberger

Lisa Kudrow visits the SiriusXM Studios on July 23, 2013 in NYC
    Friends actress Lisa Kudrow says she got a "life altering" nose job at the age of 16 and says she was "hideous" before undergoing the procedure.
    Credit: Cindy Ord/Getty Images

No regrets! Lisa Kudrow went under the knife at the young age of 16 -- and she's glad she did it. In a new interview in the November/December issue of The Saturday Evening Post, the 50-year-old Friends alum opens up about her decision to get a nose job as a teenager and her struggles making friends in school.

"That was life altering," the Los Angeles, Calif. tells the magazine about getting a rhinoplasty. "I went from, in my mind, hideous, to not hideous. I did it the summer before going to a new high school. So there were plenty of people who wouldn't know how hideous I looked before. That was a good, good, good change."

Kudrow's surgery occurred after enduring a very difficult time in junior high when her two best friends decided they no longer wanted to be friends with her. "That happened in seventh grade when we moved from sixth grade to a new school. So they knew some people, and I didn't. Eventually they just got tired of me being a tag-along," she shares. "They said, 'For your own good, you need to see what would happen if we weren't here.' It was really brutal. Very hard."

"It was just mean." she adds. "And all of junior high felt upside down to me. It was not, like, the nice people who were popular; it wasn't the most entertaining people -- it was the meanest people who were popular."

Perhaps unknowingly, Kudrow used some of those old feelings to play the beloved misfit Phoebe Buffay in the 1994 hit TV series, Friends.

"She was basically a ditzy girl who lived in a happier reality than everybody else, because everything was so gloomy around her. That's what I decided," the actress explains of her character. "And she was fearless and unapologetic. Now on Twitter or Facebook I see young girls saying, 'I identify with Phoebe because I'm different too.' That's nice, to think that people who don't feel they fit in perfectly well can relate to that character."

Kudrow currently has recurring role as Congresswoman Josephine Marcus opposite Kerry Washington's Olivia Pope character in the ABC hit series Scandal.
    Read more: Lisa Kudrow Got Nose Job at 16, Was "Hideous" Before Plastic Surgery - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Her nose is nonexistent until the tip.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

The DM has a before and after pic from when she was a teen, this is the first time I've ever seen her "before" nose:

Friends star Lisa Kudrow on how having a nose job changed her life... | Mail Online
    Witchywoman likes this.

It was an improvement considering the line of work she wanted to go into. Then she went blonde and got boobs... and waalaa!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

It doesn't even look like the same person on the left and right and I don't think it's just because of the nose. The eyes and lips look completely different to me. Regardless, the nose she had on the right has morphed into something totally different as she's aged from the looks of it.

source: Friends star Lisa Kudrow on how having a nose job changed her life... | Mail Online
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

It might just be me, but I think she looks cuter in the before pic ^
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

The difference between the before and after pics is the nosejob and eyeliner. Probably she also matured a bit since the before pic was taken.

Whoa!! No wonder she jumped at the chance to get it fixed. Someone said she got it done at 13 or 14, but I guess they were wrong...

She was cute before but I'm guessing from the side it might have looked way too big. Good for her for doing it even if the after nose is very typical surgery nose. I had a classmate who had a super, enormous nose and poor thing really was hideous. She got it fixed and suddenly went from scary to seriously pretty since her other features were regular and she had a great figure. She needed tons of therapy to cope with not being weird looking anymore.
    McJag likes this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

I kind of dig her old nose.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I like it, too. Gotta see it from the side to actually tell, though.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    She was cute before but I'm guessing from the side it might have looked way too big. Good for her for doing it even if the after nose is very typical surgery nose. I had a classmate who had a super, enormous nose and poor thing really was hideous. She got it fixed and suddenly went from scary to seriously pretty since her other features were regular and she had a great figure. She needed tons of therapy to cope with not being weird looking anymore.
    I knew a girl who did that too, came back to school sophomore year looking like a different person. I'm not sure if the teen years are the best time to make such extreme changes, but if Kudrow still thinks she looked "hideous" pre-nose job then I guess it was the right decision for her. No doubt it made a dramatic difference in her appearance. Kinda weird that she still brings it up after all these years though, does she still feel like a fake or something? It must be weird looking in the mirror and not seeing yourself anymore.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information