Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haylie Duff nose job/chin reduction?

Default Haylie Duff nose job/chin reduction?

May 28 '09
    Haylie Duff got her chin and nose fixed

Hilary Duff’s older sister Haylie has definitely had a nose job. Though she didn’t splash it on the cover of a magazine with a confessional article (a la Ashlee Simpson), it’s clear to anyone with eyes (at least anyone with eyes who happens to be looking at Haylie Duff) that she’s gone under the knife. And while I never believe people should feel pressured to “fix” parts of their bodies that have the nerve to deviate from the norm, in Haylie’s case it is an improvement.

I’m not a fan of the notion that there should be just a few ways our bodies can look, and anything else needs to be corrected. But Haylie’s nose and chin did make her the subject of some ridicule, and it no doubt bothered her since she’s changed them. I hesitate to say “fixed” since that implies there was something wrong with them before.

Haylie Duff looked a lot more like her younger sibling Hilary Duff when she debuted a new blonde ’do, pert nose and small chin while out shopping at the AG Adriano Goldschmied store in Beverly Hills on May 21.

“Haylie had her nose done and her chin reduced,” New York City–based plastic surgeon Dr. Thomas P. Sterry, who has not treated Haylie, tells Star, explaining that Haylie’s nose has been shortened, angled upward and rounded off.

“I think they made her chin smaller by chipping away at the bone,” he adds.

Haylie’s altered appearance, which costs an estimated $20,000, looks like a million bucks!

“This is a good job,” notes Dr. Sterry. “I think Haylie’s features have better harmony.” Hilary would approve!

[From Star]

Though the nose is the first thing you go to, I think the chin actually makes the bigger difference in Haylie’s appearance. Her nose didn’t really stand out when you were looking at her straight on - it was only in profile shots that you’d notice something was a bit unusual. But her chin was a bit long from any angle. That said, while it is an improvement, I’m actually not a big fan of how her chin ended up. I think the doctor overdid it a bit. It’s fine, but I think he could have left a little more there and she would have looked more like herself. Haylie looks great, but doesn’t look as much like Haylie. I always think of what “Dirty Dancing” star Jennifer Grey said after she got her nose job – that she never looked like herself again. It was technically good work – but it made Grey look like everyone else in Hollywood, and there was nothing about her face that made her unique. And it must be strange to always look in the mirror and feel a little bit jarred.

Haylie looks good – and hopefully she’s really pleased with the results, which is ultimately all that matters.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Haylie Duff got her chin and nose fixed

I liked her old nose. She looked unique!
    mama mia*
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward

her old chin reminded me of a half moon.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Yeah, that new chin is a big improvement.

The nose, meh, not a huge difference. She's still kind of horsey-faced and uglier than Hilary.

Also, aren't chin reduction surgeries really painful to recover from?

Is this really the same person? Good plastic surgery is supposed to enhance one's appearance not make them unrecognizable.

That said, the original nose and chin really needed to go.

I think she still looks enough like herself. Not like Jennifer Grey or even Ashley Simpson.

i'd like to see more pics from different angles but from what i can see, it looks pretty good. especially the chin. i didn't really dislike her nose before.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

thanks.
    definitely got PS. i can't decide if i like the new nose or not. it looks better from the side. from the front it looks a little weird.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Her face is still so looooong. And ps can't fix some kinds of ugly.

She's still a horse-face who will be riding on her sister's coattails for the rest of her life.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

I think she almost looks worse than before. From the front she looks even stranger now and I think from the side her new chin looks kinda weak.

Bronze Member

she is so unfortunate looking. She and Rumer should hang out.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Anything is an improvement over her old face. Sometimes people look a lot better with a little nip and tuck, and she's one of them.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

She still looks ugly. In fact, she probably looked better before.
    Somebody blow Mel Gibson Already- Michael K

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information