Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Stuffed Meatballs from Williams-Sonoma

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Bitter, I'm not a huge fan of ground pork. Do you think it would still turn out well with just extra ground beef substituted in its place?
    should be fine.

when i make my meatballs I generally use beef, veal, pork. but i've done just beef on occasion and they're still good.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^I use the "Italian" mix too. I bake mine though so the fat drips off. Just as good IMO and easier clean up. I don't like mushy meatballs so I always cook them before adding to the sauce. My Aunts tosses them into the pot to cook and about an hour and half. No Thanks!
    Waterslide likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I hate mushy meatballs too. I never understood throwing into sauce raw. ick. i like to leave a bunch out of the sauce too, just to eat on their own.

When I use the mix I generally use more beef. I add about 2 lbs of beef to the 1 lb of mix.
    Waterslide likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I always cooked mine in the oven, made a huge ass batch and freeze them.
    sluce likes this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

When I make my meatballs I cook them in the oven too because it is easier and they taste the same. I've done a similiar recipe that I make with taco seasoning in the mix and then I stuff the meatballs with a cube of chedder cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I hate mushy meatballs too. I never understood throwing into sauce raw. ick. i like to leave a bunch out of the sauce too, just to eat on their own.

When I use the mix I generally use more beef. I add about 2 lbs of beef to the 1 lb of mix.
    Meatballs taste so good with pork and veal mixed in!

Growing up, my mom always browned the meatballs then added them to the sauce. I was surprised when I got to college and quite a few people told me it was a sin not to dump them in the sauce raw. Whatever works I guess, but I like them browned too.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    When I make my meatballs I cook them in the oven too because it is easier and they taste the same. I've done a similiar recipe that I make with taco seasoning in the mix and then I stuff the meatballs with a cube of chedder cheese.
    That sounds good too!
    BITTER likes this.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I steam my meatballs in a microwave steamer. All the fat drips out and the meatballs aren't sitting in it.
    BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    ^I use the "Italian" mix too. I bake mine though so the fat drips off. Just as good IMO and easier clean up. I don't like mushy meatballs so I always cook them before adding to the sauce. My Aunts tosses them into the pot to cook and about an hour and half. No Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

I made mine raw like that and tossed them into the sauce to cook. An Italian-American co-worker insisted that they'd be more authentic that way. They didn't taste bad, but yeah, was not a fan of the texture of them.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information