Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: QUICK 'N' EASY meals

My husband and son love it when I make my version of parmesan chicken.

I get the chicken strips from the grocery store and put the strips in a baking dish. Then I pour half a jar of my homemade spaghetti sauce on top and top it with grated parmesan (not the kind that comes in a can, but real parm cheese) and bake. I serve it with fettucine noodles and the rest of the sauce.

I also make a parmesan garlic bread with it which is a spread of butter, minced garlic and grated parmesan cheese that I put on a piece of plain old white bread and then grill in a pan on the stove.

Very heavy meal, but so good when it's cold and gross outside. And altogether it takes like ten minutes to prepare.

When we host our friends at the last minute for bbqs I sometimes whip up this pasta that they all LOVE

I make whole wheat rigatoni (so much tastier than regular) but I put a peeled garlic clove in the boiling water.

Then I take a stick of butter and brown it (dont melt it cook it til it turns deep brown). I add chopped garlic to the butter for a few seconds at the end. I mix that into the cooked pasta as it creates a yummy sauce--then I add parmesean, feta cheese (depending on if ur guests like it otherwise i leave it out), pine nuts, and sometimes sundried tomatos.

It takes no effort and is the perfect side with Wagyu Burgers!

Zee

That does sound pretty good and easy.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Im a HUGE fan of feta cheese, so I love adding crumbled feta. But its def one of those foods that u either love or hate, so I put it in a side container for those who want to add if there are ppl who dont like it

Zee

Did you ever try it with mizithra cheese? I'm not sure if the spelling is correct- must check google.

This cheese reminds me of feta and parmesan and would probably work with this recipe.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Wowza, I have got to try that pasta dish. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. And I agree, whole wheat pasta is MUCH tastier.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

ooooooh thx zorbeet I will try that next time!

Zee

I have to get my hands on mizithra- it's not readily available in my area. But, I will definitely try your recipe, it sounds great.
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Quote Originally Posted by zorbeet View Post
    Did you ever try it with mizithra cheese? I'm not sure if the spelling is correct- must check google.

This cheese reminds me of feta and parmesan and would probably work with this recipe.
    Oooh, mizithra (and that's the correct spelling, yes) is possibly my favorite cheese! I had no idea it was available outside of Greece.

Zee

I didn't realize this was a greek cheese. It's not easy to find but it is wonderful!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

When I am lazy which is often, I will take canned chicken (Swanson has a good one with only white meat) add a little mayo and add cooked elbows. I love to eat in warm, it's so comforting.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Are the cooked elbows white meat, too?

JK - I'm assuming you mean elbow macaroni

My local chinese restaurant has a dish called Chicken Knees. The waitress assures me it is just the knees

I love to stir fry some little chunks of chicken, broccolli, onion, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts in groundnut oil and garlic, add a bit of soy sauce at the end of cooking and serve with noodles or rice. Yummy. Also love baked potato with baked beans and cheese, total comfort food.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    When the clock's ticking and your stomach's growling, what do you come up with?
    In this house... curry.

Meat + veg + curry paste + coconut milk OR tinned tomatoes (depending on the sort of curry), then rice. All up, takes about half hour to cook. Very simple. We go through periods where the question for tea is not "What are we eating?" but "What curry are we eating tonight?"

Other quickies... stir fry (always good), spag bol, quiche (does need about 40 mins cooking, but quick to make), risotto.

Heh well I can't cook for toffee but my best thing to make is cheese on toast, in the grill with sliced tomatoes on top. Yum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information