Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Pumpkin spice latte

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    But tea is the Devil's piss!
    am struggling to compute

edit: Recalling some of the tea I had in Britain, I retract this statement.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Cold brew is actually sooo much smoother (and I think more caffeinated) than traditional iced coffee. The grounds sit in the water anywhere from 12-24 hours (everyone has a different idea of what "perfect" cold brew extraction is), so all those oils and flavor slowly extract into the water. Not heating it to brew and then icing it brings down the acidity and makes for a smoother cup of iced coffee. It's also way easy to make. I literally just throw some grounds in a french press with water, let it sit in my fridge til the next morning, press, and pour.
    That's exactly how I've been making it. The French press method seems way less messy to me, too and it was a lot cheaper than buying one of those cold brew "makers" which look basically like a Mason jar with an extra part.

@Novice, I also put a splash of either cream, half & half, or oat milk in it and it takes down some of the bitterness. Even just a splash of milk makes it so much less intense.

I wish I could drink tea all day...hot or iced.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    That's exactly how I've been making it. The French press method seems way less messy to me, too and it was a lot cheaper than buying one of those cold brew "makers" which look basically like a Mason jar with an extra part.

@Novice, I also put a splash of either cream, half & half, or oat milk in it and it takes down some of the bitterness. Even just a splash of milk makes it so much less intense.

I wish I could drink tea all day...hot or iced.
    lol! I do but hot only!

Iced tea is easier to maintain though! I know, it's an American thing, but it's my go-to in most situations as long as it's not gross tea.

I've been drinking this crimson hibiscus tea lately which is odd because I usually don't go for herbal teas but inevitably I never get to actually drink it so I just dump it over ice.

https://www.amazon.com/Allegro-Organ...a-781200608051
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

That’s what flasks & thermal cups are for!
    I have a few for work & my folks bought me a “chilli” bottle (insulated so hot or cold) for my birthday in the most disgusting lime yellow I have ever seen! They didn’t want me to lose it in a field.... *sigh*

I know, I know...but if I'm at work, and I get a coffee or tea, I don't always have my cups with me. The mug I have been using keeps things nice and hot, but it also keeps things nice and cold, so I have an unending supply of ice water at all times in lieu of coffee or tea. I used to only buy the Zojirushi thermal flasks but they don't seem to be made as well as they used to be. You could keep tea hot literally for days in those.
    Novice likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information