Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The original Coke syrup recipe

Coke tastes differently depending which country you're in. I loved the Coke in Brazil because it was nice and spicy and less sweet -- more like Coke used to be when I was a young 'un. It tastes weak and way too sweet to me now on the rare occasions when I drink it.

I've never noticed much difference between U.S. or Cdn coke, tho, but I haven't actually had a Coke in about 5 years so things may have changed.

Im fairly sure that the reason for the taste difference would be the quality and composition of the local drinking water in the bottling factories area
    I'm using a lot of oxygen and such I think it's good use of oxygen myself, but of course, I'm a little prejudiced on the matter.

I think the differences in the taste have to do with the tastes of the culture it is being served to. I don't drink reg. coke, but diet coke (or coke light in just about every other country) is much better in Mexico and the one I liked best was the German coke light. Those both come closer to tasting like the US version of regular coke. Just about every pop in Mexico is sweeter, regular pepsi in Mexico is so sweet it's barely drinkable.
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; February 5th, 2007 at 10:30 AM.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    Im fairly sure that the reason for the taste difference would be the quality and composition of the local drinking water in the bottling factories area
    They'd filter the water anyways so I dont think that'd make a difference.

It wouldn't.. if you go to the coca cola museum in atlanta, you can taste all the different cokes from around the world

the japanese cokes are disgusting.. its like water with a packet of sugar in it. barf.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

A*O

Of course they tweak the recipe according to the different markets. Ditto chocolate. European chocolate tastes completely different to American because it is.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I just had a couple of sips of Coke after many years and I'm taking back everything positive I might ever have said about it. It was disgusting. I poured it down the drain and went to check the ingredients. glucose/fructose BASTARDS! Gooey, sweet, tasteless, flat shite. It didn't even fizz like I remember. One great rush of foam as it was being poured and then flat.

Oh well, it's not good for me anyway.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    It wouldn't.. if you go to the coca cola museum in atlanta, you can taste all the different cokes from around the world

the japanese cokes are disgusting.. its like water with a packet of sugar in it. barf.
    Oooh! I must remember to visit!

(it makes complete sense that they're different, to cater to local palettes, otherwise they'd have failled as a global brand. I've noticed this with Cadbury's chocolate in the US - it tastes like american chocolate.... When I go my suitcase is half full of the (UK) stuff for my friends!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information