Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Key Lime Pie Cupcakes

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Where are the pictures?? Hummmm?????
    I'm so goofy, but the extra cupcakes ended up being frozen before I thought to take a picture. Waterslide posted pics of her gorgeous pink lemonade cake though in that thread and it turned out really well.

We're going to unthaw and have the cupcakes for Christmas, so I'll take a pic then, though they may not look quite as pretty. I've had really good luck the last few years freezing red velvet cakes made around Oct and November and then thawing them out for Christmas. They taste exactly the same with no strange taste to them.
    Novice likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I don't think it's a good idea for me to freeze red velvet cake, because then it would only be one thawing away from being eaten. LOL I thought about freezing cookies for Christmas, but I'm never sure if it's going to work.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I don't think it's a good idea for me to freeze red velvet cake, because then it would only be one thawing away from being eaten. LOL
    It's a valid concern for me! I put that kind of stuff in the deep freeze so that it takes a fair amount of effort to go get it and thaw it. If it were just sitting in the kitchen freezer, yes, I would take it out and snack on it.

I thought about freezing cookies for Christmas, but I'm never sure if it's going to work.
    Try freezing something you don't care a lot about if you lose it first to see how you feel about it after thawing it. If it tastes good afterwards you can try cookies or a cake.
    Waterslide likes this.

Laurent make MOAR!!!! I'll taste test them for you & everything! My address is GlenBogel...
    Laurent likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Laurent make MOAR!!!! I'll taste test them for you & everything! My address is GlenBogel...
    They are so good, more will definitely be made! And eaten . . .

My dad found them before they'd been iced and snuck a few and said even the "unadorned" ones were great.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    It's a valid concern for me! I put that kind of stuff in the deep freeze so that it takes a fair amount of effort to go get it and thaw it. If it were just sitting in the kitchen freezer, yes, I would take it out and snack on it.

Try freezing something you don't care a lot about if you lose it first to see how you feel about it after thawing it. If it tastes good afterwards you can try cookies or a cake.
    Yeah, that stuff needs to be far away from me. LOL I made cookies the day before yesterday, I could throw a few of those in the freezer and see. I have tons of Christmas cookie recipes that says you can freeze them which is kind of nice so you don't have to bake everything all at once during the holidays, but I never want to take the chance.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information