Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I need a good Meatloaf recipe

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    This is my official meatloaf now. I have made many different recipes, experimented many different ways...but this one is our new favorite. It really rocks.

2 small zucchini
    2 lb ground turkey (light and dark meat)
    1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
    1/2 c. plain bread crumbs
    1 large egg
    1 packet onion soup mix
    1 TB chopped fresh thyme or 2 tsp dried thyme
    1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper

Shred the zucchini up (I actually chop mine using one of those food choppers, into really small pieces). Add everything else. Mix with hands, of course. Press it into a 9x5 greased pan. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes at 350 F. Let it stand 5 minutes or more, then drain all the liquid and cut into thick slices. Great served with sour cream.
    This sounds really good. I have some ground turkey in the freezer I've been wondering what to do with.

Canada baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I do 2.5 pounds of hamburger
    I large red onion
    1 large green bellpepper
    1 egg
    1 cup of bread crumbs
    1 cup of ketchup
    mix all together and bake for 30 minutes. Remove and top with a mixture of ketchup, mustard and lots of brown sugar (I make that sauce to taste, but it is ketchup, a lot of brown sugar and a small amount of mustard. Bake for another 30 minutes or until browned and juices run clear.
    Okay mine is in the oven right now. It smells great. I put the oven at 350F because I didn't know at what temp you put yours. I also put in mustard powder in the glaze instead of mustard. It's for supper tomorrow night (I like to prepare my suppers in advance when I work). I'll let you know tomorrow how we liked it
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Canada baby!

I made Sweetie's meatloaf again. It's great the bf loves it and requested it this morning again.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Dark Side of the Moon

Here's a BBQ Meatloaf recipe my hubby asks for all the time and says its the best meatloaf hes had. Sadly, I am a non meat eater so I have to take his word on it!!

BBQ meatloaf

1lbs ground beef
    1 med onion, minced fine
    1 egg beaten
    1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper (or to taste)
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1/2 cup bread crumbs, flavored or plain
    1/4 cup BBQ or steak sauce

Glaze: 1/2 cup bbq sauce

(I use a mix of onion and garlic, regular and hickory sauces)

1) Preheat oven to 350
    2) Cook onion in the olive oil and cook
    3) Mix everything together, shape loaf in glass pan, unglazed
    4) Cook 50-55 minuted, then pull out and glaze then bake 10-15 minutes more.

There thats it. Sometimes I add a little more sauce, or crumbs but thats pretty much it. Enjoy!!
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

Jon Hamm's pants

Whatever recipe you use, I find it much quicker to just make them into meatballs insteade of meatloaf. They bake and are done usually within 20 minutes or so, if you don't want to wait an hour for it.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Silver Member

i've never added zucchini but thank you for the suggestion, i most definitely will try it. i never use a recipe,

ground beef, milk, egg, onion, oatmeal, pepper, dry mustard.

then i make a piquant sauce with ketchup and brown sugar and cover the top the last 10 minutes.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

You guys, I just realized that not a single one of these recipes had Worcestershire sauce in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    whitetigeress likes this.

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

the salad bowl

i was going to say that mine does, but realized i never posted it! shit, years late. better than never, i suppose.

2 lbs ground beef or turkey
    8-10 cups homemade croutons (whizz them into crumbs in the food processor after measuring)
    2 eggs
    about half an onion, finely chopped
    1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    about 1 tsp thyme (dried or fresh...i prefer fresh)
    salt & pepper to taste

about 1/3 cup HFCS-free ketchup
    about 1/4 cup steak sauce
    about 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
    about 1 tbsp honey
    dash of hot sauce
    salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 425F.

I use my food processor to finely chop the onions and garlic, and then to chop the croutons into crumbs. Of course you can do this by hand, if you prefer.

In a large bowl, mix the meat, onions, garlic, croutons, eggs, thyme, and salt & pepper. Line a cookie sheet with parchment, silpat, foil, whatever you use; the glaze tends to burn onto the pan around the edges. Form the meat mixture into a loaf on the cookie sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes to start a crust forming on the outside.

Meanwhile, mix the remaining ingredients to make the glaze. After 10 minutes, pull the meatloaf out, put the glaze on, and continue cooking for about 45 minutes or until done.
    sputnik likes this.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

The remaining 25% of my stomach.

Ironically, Paula Deen has a pretty decent one on the FN webpage.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Ironically, Paula Deen has a pretty decent one on the FN webpage.
    Yeah,but what about Sandra Lee??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Burning Down Your Windmill

She probably puts corn nuts in hers.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Florida Keys

I love corn nuts. Want now.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    She probably puts corn nuts in hers.
    With some lovely sprinkles.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I go between two recipes. The first one is for if I'm serving more people or if it's a little bit more of a flush month because of the bacon and parmesan. It's so good as leftover meatloaf sandwiches too. I found it on the Pioneer Woman site years ago.

1 cup Whole Milk
    6 slices White Bread
    2 pounds Ground Beef
    1 cup (heaping) Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
    1/4 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
    3/4 teaspoons Salt
    Freshly Ground Black Pepper
    1/3 cup Minced Flat-leaf Parsley
    4 whole Eggs, Beaten
    10 slices Thin/regular Bacon

1-1/2 cup Ketchup
    1/3 cup Brown Sugar
    1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
    Tabasco To Taste

Preparation Instructions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour milk over the bread slices. Allow it to soak in for several minutes.

Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour in beaten eggs.
    With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined. Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan, which will allow the fat to drain. (Line the bottom of the pan with foil to avoid a big mess!)

Lay bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf.

Make the sauce: add ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Stir together. Pour 1/3 of the mixture over the top of the bacon. Spread with
    a spoon.

Bake for 45 minutes, then pour another 1/3 of the sauce over the top. Bake for another 15 minutes. Slice and serve with remaining sauce.

Otherwise I use this recipe, which is smaller, simpler, and cheaper overall.

1 lb lean ground beef
    cup chopped onion
    2 tbsp milk
    1 egg
    cup bread crumbs
    salt & pepper

This makes a lot of sauce, so use half for the baking, and half for serving.
    cup ketchup
    cup water
    2 tbsp mustard
    – 1 cup brown sugar (I use cup)

Make your sauce first by combining all the ingredients and mixing well. I use a hand blender to do this. Set aside.

Combine beef, onion, milk, egg, oats, salt & pepper.

Press the meat mixture down into a loaf pan, then make a well down the centre of the loaf. To do this, just run a table knife lengthwise down the centre of the loaf, making about a x inch indent.

Pour about of the sauce into the well, and coating the top of the loaf a bit. Save the other half of the sauce for when you serve the meatloaf.

At this point, you can put the meatloaf into the fridge until you are ready to bake it that evening.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Drain. And put onto a serving plate.

Drizzle on the remaining sauce when serving the meatloaf.

Both go over extremely well in this house. Which reminds me, it's been a long time since meatloaf has been on the menu. I think I know what I'm making this week.

Evading P6 & P7

Whenever I make meatloaf, I cook them in about 1-2 inch bell pepper rounds (red, yellow, orange - green bell peppers are gross). The meatloaf cooks down with the pepper and makes it all sweet. Always a huge hit.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information