Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How to make a pot of tea

Zee

That's the way I was taught with the green tea. You rinse the pot to heat it and then rinse the tea leaves. I'm guessing to rinse away any debris in the leaves.

I am definitely steeping my leaves for too long. I'll try that tomorrow. My jasmine tea smells wonderful but tastes horrible.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Quote Originally Posted by zorbeet View Post
    That's the way I was taught with the green tea. You rinse the pot to heat it and then rinse the tea leaves. I'm guessing to rinse away any debris in the leaves.

I am definitely steeping my leaves for too long. I'll try that tomorrow. My jasmine tea smells wonderful but tastes horrible.
    but what if you're using bags? *looks confused*
    Free Charmed.

This is how you make the perfect cup of tea Chilly style:

Pour a cup of water, put it into the microwave, put a teabag in, take it out when you finally remember it. Done.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

A*O

Most tea packs say to allow it to brew/steep for WAY too long, especially the strong teas like Assam. I only leave it for a couple of minutes tops and then remove the bag from the pot so it doesn't continue to brew.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^^I agree. Hubby brought home some Welsh tea bags -- 30 seconds and those babies are good to go! That is some strong tea.

^^ Sometimes it says to leave it in for ten minutes. That's insane, especially for black and green teas. Would ruin any tea.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I love tea. Especially during exams (not that I'm hopped up on caffienne constantly at the moment or anything...)

Best way to have tea is proper loose leaf tea, made in a china tea pot that's been pre-warmed first (by sloshing some of the boiling water in first). Then put in tea leaves (I don't bother with a infuser basket thing, mainly because I don't have one!) and hot, but not boiling water. Leave to infuse for a bit.

I'm not a milk person for tea of any description, or sugar. Honey is great if you need a little sweetening, and honey in black chai is fantastic when you've got a sore throat. Definitely would never put milk or sugar in herbal or green teas, though I have been asked for both by people at the restaurant I work at (and had to hide my "WTF?!" look as I got it for them!!)

But I admit to laziness... Twinings tea bags are the shit when you're in a hurry or studying a lot!

My mom always makes sweet tea on the stove. I don't know her exact recipe, but it is pretty much like the original one posted here with several cups of sugar and fresh lemon slices boiled into it. She always emphasizes the point that it is not "real" sweet tea unless the sugar is cooked into it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information