Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow's Chicken burgers and Chocolate and almond cupcakes

The measurements are off for the cupcakes. 2 US cups is 16 ounces not 11 and the cocoa powder is wrong as well. 3 1/2 ounces is a little more than 1/3 cup.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Yeah I love dark chickenmeat because you don't have to marinate it for hours to give it flavour like you have to do with chicken breast - it's like the tofu of meat.

Re coriander/cilantro, in the us it's called cilantro, but the rest if the English speaking world calls it coriander. I think in the USA some people call it cilantro when it's fresh and coriander when it's dry or when it's just the seed. Really, it's the same thing and cilantro is just the Spanish name for it.
    Yeah, I agree you have to be careful with whitemeat chicken, it can be incredibly bland. If I cut it small enough it takes so much less time to absorb the flavor.

That's what I thought about cilantro, I remember when the grocery stores here used to call it coriander and the terms were completely interchangeable. I think I have a few cookbooks that do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    The measurements are off for the cupcakes. 2 US cups is 16 ounces not 11 and the cocoa powder is wrong as well. 3 1/2 ounces is a little more than 1/3 cup.
    lol Yeah, I dealt with that last part over the weekend. I had a European recipe for soda bread that said 3 ounces of nuts and I had a chart saying it was 1/3 cup, but I decided to weigh it anyway and it didn't even start to fill the 1/3 cup measuring cup.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I think it looks tasty and it Gwyneth ever invited me over and served this i'd eat it all

Likewise.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Yeah I love dark chicken meat because you don't have to marinate it for hours to give it flavour like you have to do with chicken breast - it's like the tofu of meat.

Re coriander/cilantro, in the us it's called cilantro, but the rest if the English speaking world calls it coriander. I think in the USA some people call it cilantro when it's fresh and coriander when it's dry or when it's just the seed. Really, it's the same thing and cilantro is just the Spanish name for it.
    I am so and so on chicken breast but it can be done well. Try making it with pesto sauce. I tried this recipe the other day and it turned out awesome.

That said, chicken burgers are complete abominations. I am neutral on turkey burgers, they're kinda better.

On a different note, I will attempt to cook artichokes today! So scared!
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

I'm all for making burgers out of anything. I've made them with chicken, salmon, tuna, lentil, chick peas, turkey...
    KrisNine likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^I'm the same way. I sometimes make crabcakes a little bigger so they can fit on a burger bun!
    sputnik likes this.

Turns out that cooking and eating a whole artichoke is way too much hassle and the taste is not so great. Will be sticking to artichoke hearts. Frozen artichoke hearts, thank you very much!
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

The cake doesn't interest me, but the chicken burger recipe sounds pretty good. I'm not sure about the fish sauce, but I'd try it as written.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

czb

the chicken burgers sound ok, but what works as a binder? there is no egg so not sure why they would not fall apart.

the brownies or whatever they are sound loathesome. but i guess the poor celiacs/GF peeps gotta settle for that . . ..

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Turns out that cooking and eating a whole artichoke is way too much hassle and the taste is not so great. Will be sticking to artichoke hearts. Frozen artichoke hearts, thank you very much!
    It's a hassle but I love whole artichokes. The secret is in the dipping sauce.

Burgers should either be 100% angus beef, cooked in the hottest grill possible, or some varieties of veggie patty which aren't bad at all...but they ain't really burgers. I've tried a number of veggie burgers and some are damn good eatin'.

Crab cakes are crab cakes, not burgers.

I dislike farmed turkey altogether. There are better things to do with chicken that turning into dry, crumbly, minced meat. I'd never disrespect a good piece of salmon by trying to make a burger of it.

Thus saith me.
    Waterslide likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    It's a hassle but I love whole artichokes. The secret is in the dipping sauce.

Burgers should either be 100% angus beef, cooked in the hottest grill possible, or some varieties of veggie patty which aren't bad at all...but they ain't really burgers. I've tried a number of veggie burgers and some are damn good eatin'.

Crab cakes are crab cakes, not burgers.

I dislike farmed turkey altogether. There are better things to do with chicken that turning into dry, crumbly, minced meat. I'd never disrespect a good piece of salmon by trying to make a burger of it.

Thus saith me.
    That's basically how I feel about burgers, too. Though, a while back I made a really good hamburger with ground beef, pork and veal, I should see if I can post the recipe for that.

But anyway, I guess that's what I was trying to say from the start, I have a specific idea of what a burger is, and that first picture - while it doesn't look bad - is not a burger to me. If I invited people to my house with the promise that "I'm making burgers!" and I served that, I can't imagine anyone being too excited. And I wouldn't even have said anything if I didn't feel that Gwyneth is trying to sell that first plate as a burger to make it sound like it's something more exciting and fun than it is. As a ground chicken patty with bok choy, it's just fine.

I love crab cakes, now I want some.

Also, what olivia said about artichokes.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    The cake doesn't interest me, but the chicken burger recipe sounds pretty good. I'm not sure about the fish sauce, but I'd try it as written.
    The fish sauce shouldn't make it fishy, it will just give it a little flavor I think?
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I'm with you waterslide, I would rather have a grilled chicken breast than ground up chicken. I have made them many a time and they were not dry, just nicely seasoned and juicy.
    Waterslide likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I'm with you waterslide, I would rather have a grilled chicken breast than ground up chicken. I have made them many a time and they were not dry, just nicely seasoned and juicy.
    Yeah, it's a texture thing for me. I'd hate dry, flavorless meat of any kind so if I weren't able to make chicken seasoned and juicy I would never eat it. I think it's hit or miss in restaurants, I've had some truly gross, dry chicken before, but most of the time I make really good grilled chicken breasts at home that turn out great.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I'd hate dry, flavorless meat of any kind so if I weren't able to make chicken seasoned and juicy I would never eat it.
    Lol that's what chicken breasts are to me. Well, not necessarily dry but even if you marinate the shit out of them, they still taste bland, or at best like whatever you seasoned them with but they don't have much flavour of their own.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information