Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Salad

Default Re: Favorite Salad

Algernon, that salad sounds a lot like the strawberry poppyseed salad that Panera Bread had last summer, except they also used blueberries and mandarin oranges with the strawberries. I got that like twice a week last summer, I was so sad to see it go.

^^^mmmmm, awesome idea! I will definitely be adding mandarins and blueberries!!!! (I just discovered Panera a month ago...it's been around for over two years in my city, but I never went! That place ROCKS!)
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Chicken Caesar Salad here for me too. I love it to death! I could eat this at least once a day!

Quote Originally Posted by stylejunkiex
    Usually, I'll just eat a salad without cheese or any other "embellishments" and I'll put some salt over it.. maybe some lemon juice if I feel like it. But, a really great salad I discovered is something called Ebi Kani Su. I found it at a local sushi bar. It's just thinly sliced cucumber, imitation crab, and sweet shrimp in vinegar with sesame seeds. It sounds totally plain, but it tastes soo good. I tried making it at home, but it just wasn't the same.
    Junkie, that sounds fucking AMAZING. Is it a house specialty or do you think they'd have it at other sushi joints?

Elite Member

I'm really big on having my local fish shops seaweed and sesame salad with cherry tomatos, cucumber, celery with some 'crumbed' spicey tofu. Sometimes I had some slided up broccolini.

For salads I'm a 'lets see what we have' kind of girl. I'm big on throwing in herbs into my greens, especially mint as it makes it feel so fresh in the mouth. I also really love putting roasted pumkin seeds and having cooked but cool mixed beans. Sometimes I hadd kiwi fruit and during summer I add melons to my normal garden salad. If I have to have dressing I just put a dash of red wine vinegar. Mostly its all raw fresh vegetables and fruits.

I love salad, most any kind, but I agree, it never tastes as good when I make it myself.
    I wish I had a little salad maker man that would come to my house and make me salad.

Silver Member
    The First Presleytarian Church Of Elvis The Divine

Lizard's Thicket fried chicken salad, its so good and I mix Ranch and Thousand Island Dressing......its basically a tossed salad with fried chicken breast cut up in chunks on top......not at all healthy but delicious.
    How You Durrin ?

i make a candied walnut, undried cranberry, chevre and maple salad. i stole the idea from a poshy restaurant and just made it my own. it is lovely and looks super gourmet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information