Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Crock Pot Recipes

^ I'm glad you mentioned that, I may not have thought of it and was wanting to try this! Maybe you could pour the beer etc into a ramekin or something and try to emulate the process?
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

They have stands to stand up the chicken like beer can chicken. Maybe a brine/marinade of beer? I'm going to roast some bone in split breasts tomorrow, I shall try this. Notice how I'm not doing a whole chicken? More beer for me to drink if I only have to fill a pan to a depth of one inch and flip as opposed to a bucket for a whole roasting chicken.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

i don't think i've shared this yummy recipe for crock pot carnitas that features orange & beer. we love it. make some bbq sauce & it makes good pulled pork on the second or third night.

Recipe: Crock Pot Carnitas (it doesn't get easier than this) - Chicago dining | Examiner.com
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Wow does that look good...note to self, pick up a pork butt tomorrow morning.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

yes, doooo iiiiiiiiit! i cut the amount of cinnamon by 1/2; and, i put in juice of the orange, in addition to the zest.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Lynnie, I'd be interested if that crab bisque is any good. I remember reading awhile ago that seafood isn't great in the crockpot because it cooks so quickly. Most fish recipes I've seen involve making the sauce/side in the crockpot and then adding the fish pretty close to the end of the cooking time.

I've been getting ambitious with mine. I made lasagna a few weeks ago and made a meatloaf recently and both turned out awesome. I've been doing pretty good with avoiding the condensed soup as a liquid base for things and I don't think I'll ever try anything with onion soup mix again after an AWFUL experience with it in college. It made what may have been the most disgusting food I've ever tasted.

I have never used soup with anything I make in the crock pot.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Lynnie, I'd be interested if that crab bisque is any good. I remember reading awhile ago that seafood isn't great in the crockpot because it cooks so quickly. Most fish recipes I've seen involve making the sauce/side in the crockpot and then adding the fish pretty close to the end of the cooking time.

I've been getting ambitious with mine. I made lasagna a few weeks ago and made a meatloaf recently and both turned out awesome. I've been doing pretty good with avoiding the condensed soup as a liquid base for things and I don't think I'll ever try anything with onion soup mix again after an AWFUL experience with it in college. It made what may have been the most disgusting food I've ever tasted.
    I make a salmon chowder in mine, and I have to put the salmon in at the very last minute - even in a slow-cooker, it cooks through in less than 30 minutes.

But I've lost the recipe.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post

I will have to watch out for any recipes I find to see how they deal with putting in the seafood. I have actually had a great seafood chowder that was at a buffet and had been sitting(and probably slow cooking) in a pot for hours-and it was still delicious.

I have to admit I love the onion soup mixes-but you can overdo it and it can be awful then. I usually cut any onion soup mix amount in half in anything and subsitute something else for the rest of the mix.

*and I never thought about the beer can leaching thing with beer can chicken-maybe because it is up the chickens butt and the chicken is on top of it, so any leaching would not be in an area of the chicken that is eaten/plus liquids would leach down and out of the bird? I guess the do it just to keep the chicken moist from the beer fumes and some for the flavor? I dunno really.

Woot woot, carnitas in the pot. I hope I can wait until it's actually done cooking!
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll

I made an eggplant 'bake' in my crock pot this week. It was ok. Served it over rice (which the recipe didn't call for) and then it was better. Split Pea soup is up next.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    OK, here's one I made last night. I thought it was delicious, but my SO thought that the flavor of the wine (and I used a good bottle, not cooking wine) was a bit overwhelming. I thought it added a terrific flavor.

Classic Beef Stew

4 pounds bottom round cut in to 2 inch pieces and trimmed
    1 cup all purpose flour
    olive oil
    2 large onions, diced (about two cups)
    1 6 oz can tomato paste
    1 cup dry red wine
    1 pound potatoes, cut into 2 inch pieces (about 4 cups)
    1/2 pound baby carrots (about 2 cups)
    2 cups beef broth
    1 tablespoon kosher salt
    1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
    1 bay leaf
    1 cup frozen peas

Coat the beef in flour. In a large skillet, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Brown the meat a few pieces at a time. Add browned meat to the crockpot.

Add onions to the same skillet and cook over medium heat until tender. Approx. 10 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and coat the onions. Transfer to crock pot.

Pour the wine into the skillet and scrape up any browned pieces and transfer to the crock pot. Stir in the potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, thyme and bay leaf.

Cover and cook on low for 7 1/2 hours or on high heat for 4. Add peas and heat thoroughly.

I served this with a loaf of french bread. I also made some rice and had a second helping over the rice!
    I have made this stew and it's absolutely delicious!

Here is a recipe for those of you who enjoy creamy and toothsome dishes:

Chicken Parisienne for the Crack Pot

This is a crackpot chicken recipe with white wine, mushroom soup, sour cream, and seasonings.

Cook Time: 7 hours

Total Time: 7 hours

Ingredients:

• 6 to 8 chicken breast halves *
    • salt, pepper, and paprika
    • 1/2 cup dry white wine
    • 1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
    • 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
    • 1 cup sour cream
    • 1/4 cup flour

Preparation:

Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper and paprika. Place in slow cooker. Mix wine, soup and mushrooms until well combined. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until chicken is tender but not too dry. Mix sour cream and flour together; add to the Crock Pot. Cook for about 20 minutes longer, until heated through.
    Serve with rice or noodles.
    Serves 6 to 8, if Mr. and Mrs. Pippin and their birds aren't around.

* I have often used thighs and legs of chicken, though the meat falls from the bone and you have to be careful before serving.

I hope that it's okay if I post the site where I got this recipe, there are many more
    delicious recipes there, such as Creamy Scalloped Potatoes.

Don't let the name "Southern Food" fool you. I've found amazing recipes on the site
    both for the crack pot and for the stove/oven.

Crackpot recipes for you

Crackpot Pippie??? Do you have to be a nutter to make the recipe?

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Crackpot Pippie??? Do you have to be a nutter to make the recipe?
    shit I missed it at first...then went back. Freudian slip maybe? (just kiddin' Pip)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information