Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Crock Pot Recipes

Kris - I got a taste for a beef stew on Friday, ran to the grocery store at lunch and threw everything in my crockpot. Used the same ingredients you did! When I got home after work, I added mushrooms and the peas and a little more liquid.

I didn't brown the meat before, and I was pretty pleased with texture...I mixed some flour with some red wine and added that about 1/2 hour before I was too hungry to wait any more. Probably didn't get as thick as I would have liked, but no lumps and was pretty tasty!
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Making pulled pork for the very first time tomorrow in my crock pot (thanks No Day!)....but would love to hear any seafood crock pot ideas, or anything other than beef. It seems that chicken/beef are interchangable fairly easily, but really don't see anything with seafood.

Some of the mexican dishes sound AWESOME, but I know my kids would never touch it (ugh, so picky sometimes) but I am dying to try them.

Isn't it funny how once it starts getting colder, the crock pots start to come out!

fgg

i had a friend post on fb about broccoli cheese soup from the crock pot and i want the recipe, STAT!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i had a friend post on fb about broccoli cheese soup from the crock pot and i want the recipe, STAT!
    I just ran across this and thought I'd share with you fgg---its not really 'soup', but sounds great in my opinion.

Cheesy Broccoli Casserole

Ingredients

20 ounces chopped broccoli, thawed

10 3/4 ounces condensed cream of celery soup, canned

1 1/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided

1/4 cup onions, minced

1/2 teaspoon celery seed

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

1 cup saltine crackers or potato chips, crushed

Directions

1.Lightly grease the Crock-Pot® slow cooker stoneware. Combine broccoli, soup, 1 cup cheese, onions, celery seed, paprika and pepper sauce in stoneware; mix thoroughly.
    2.Cover; cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours or on High for 2 ½ to 3 hours or until done.
    3.Uncover; sprinkle top with crackers and remaining ½ cup cheese. Cook uncovered on Low 30 to 60 minutes or on High for 15 to 30 minutes or until cheese melts.

I found a ton of great recipes at the Crockpot website......cannot wait to try some of them! And the pulled pork was a huge success!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Any kind of beef stew you make you need to add one bottle of super fucking dark beer to it. I love slow cooker recipes but you gotta coat the meat chunks with a mix of flower and seasoning and sear the fuck out of that shit with some sliced onion before leaving to simmer FOREVER. Beer and sear, so very important, actually it should be sear and then beer.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Any kind of beef stew you make you need to add one bottle of super fucking dark beer to it. I love slow cooker recipes but you gotta coat the meat chunks with a mix of flower and seasoning and sear the fuck out of that shit with some sliced onion before leaving to simmer FOREVER. Beer and sear, so very important, actually it should be sear and then beer.
    Posted from my iPhone
    What kind of flower do you mean? Lily? Pansy? This could be where I am going wrong!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    What kind of flower do you mean? Lily? Pansy? This could be where I am going wrong!
    I meant flour, oops!

Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I made pinto beans in my crock pot yesterday. So nice to get home from the gym and have them waiting. Mixed up some cornbread, and had the beans and some collard greens left from New Years Day. Had it again for lunch today. Yummmm
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Making an Eggplant type thingy today in my Crock pot. Next up will be Split Pea Soup and then maybe Seafood Bisque or Chili. I have recipes coming outta my ears and cannot wait to try them all!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Making pulled pork for the very first time tomorrow in my crock pot (thanks No Day!)....but would love to hear any seafood crock pot ideas, or anything other than beef. It seems that chicken/beef are interchangable fairly easily, but really don't see anything with seafood.

Some of the mexican dishes sound AWESOME, but I know my kids would never touch it (ugh, so picky sometimes) but I am dying to try them.

Isn't it funny how once it starts getting colder, the crock pots start to come out!
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Making an Eggplant type thingy today in my Crock pot. Next up will be Split Pea Soup and then maybe Seafood Bisque or Chili. I have recipes coming outta my ears and cannot wait to try them all!
    Where did you get a recipe for seafood bisque? I have been looking for crockpot recipes for seafood chowders, but I don't want the creamy milky kind( like New England clam chowder, etc), I want more of the tomato based kind(like Manhattan clam chowder). You cannot find anything in the stores, frozen, canned, or fresh when it comes to some kind of seafood soups or chowders(except some of the cheap canned Campbells kinds).

I used to buy a frozen lobster bisque that was terrific...but now I can't find it anywhere at any supermarkets.

you guys make me want to get a crock pot. the only thing i don't like is that most recipes seem to call for canned soups or powdered soup mixes but i'm sure you could just take those out and replace with real seasonings.

jkm, i'm a big fan of cooking with beer. not just in a crockpot either. beer can chicken is a favourite of mine and yes, stews are delicious with dark beer.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    you guys make me want to get a crock pot. the only thing i don't like is that most recipes seem to call for canned soups or powdered soup mixes but i'm sure you could just take those out and replace with real seasonings.

jkm, i'm a big fan of cooking with beer. not just in a crockpot either. beer can chicken is a favourite of mine and yes, stews are delicious with dark beer.
    They did beer can chicken last night on Top Chef! Just stuck the can of beer up the chickens and cooked them. I must try this. I am thinking a strong dark beer like guiness would be better?

I want a crock pot recipe for seafood bisque or chowder than calls for some cognac.

i've made it with both dark and light beers and both are delicious but yeah, the dark is definitely more flavourful. i drink about a third of the beer, then stick some butter and whatever seasoning you're putting on your chicken into the beercan, sit the chicken on the beercan and rub the outside with a mix of oil (or butter), herbs, salt, pepper. one of my favourites is butter, maple syrup, paprika and garlic with a little bit of soy sauce. rub that all over the chicken and it's delish. also chop up some potatoes and carrrots and turnips and any other kind of veg you want and put them all around the chicken, that way the veggies roast in the chicken juices.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Where did you get a recipe for seafood bisque? I have been looking for crockpot recipes for seafood chowders, but I don't want the creamy milky kind( like New England clam chowder, etc), I want more of the tomato based kind(like Manhattan clam chowder). You cannot find anything in the stores, frozen, canned, or fresh when it comes to some kind of seafood soups or chowders(except some of the cheap canned Campbells kinds).

I used to buy a frozen lobster bisque that was terrific...but now I can't find it anywhere at any supermarkets.
    Hi Sojjy baby!!

I found a ton of recipes on Crock-Pot® The Original Slow Cooker You can do searches for certain receipes. Like 'seafood'....and I found a Crab Bisque that I am going to try (sorry, I said Seafood Bisque). There are several other seafood soups--give it a whirl and see if one tickles your fancy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    They did beer can chicken last night on Top Chef! Just stuck the can of beer up the chickens and cooked them.
    But what sort of chemicals are going to come off the can? The aluminum has got to have some sort of coating so it doesn't oxidize and then there's the design printed on the exterior with goodness knows what in the paints. If that's heated, those things are bound to degrade and leach into the food.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information