Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Crock Pot Recipes

Both those recipes sound good Kris. Thanks! I'm going to try and find my crock pot.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Salsa Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1pack taco seasoning
    1 16oz jar salsa
    1 can black beans (pinto or white beans are good too)
    1 can corn - drained

Add the chicken breasts to the crock pot, sprinkle both sides with taco seasoning. Use only half of the pack. Pour salsa over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours. About an hour before serving, add the beans and corn. Serve over rice or shred the chicken and serve with tortillas. It's so simple and delish!

We've done this with beef before. Served it like tacos with sour cream, cheese and sauce.
    Awesomeness! Thanks for that!

Funny, because I literally just broke out my Crock Pot last wk and did a Pot Roast w/all the trimmings in it and made a mental note to use it more. So this is good!

I have a number of Crock Pot cook books, including a Weight Watchers one that doesn't call for condensed soups in everything. I'll post some of my favorite recipes early next week.

Lynnie, post your pot roast recipe. I have a great beef stew recipe. I got it from Real Simple magazine about 5 or 6 years ago. I'll have to post that.

This recipe is great just made in a big pan in the oven but it also works well in the crock pot. My Mom found the recipe waayyyyy back when I was kid. It's from the Kennedy family and is what they did for their clam bakes. They would make individual foil packets and cook them on the beach in the fire. We make it without the clams if we don't have them and it is still very good.

Kennedy Clam Bake
    Chicken pieces - I use breasts and thighs
    bacon - cut in 2-3 inch pieces
    onions sliced
    potatoes peeled and quartered
    carrots cut in 3 inch pieces
    salt & pepper
    clams

In pan, individual foil packets or crock pot - put down sliced onions, top with bacon slices, chicken, more bacon, potatoes and carrots. Cover pan with foil if cooking in oven. Cook - in oven 1-1.5 hours at 350 or in crock pot 6-8 hours on low. If using crock pot you will pour in about a cup of water or broth. When cooked together this makes a lot of juice which is great with fresh rolls.

If you want the clams: clean clams good to get all sand out. When chicken is cooked, open foil or crock pot lid and put clams on top. Cover it again until clams pop open.

This is an easy meal and is great when you are having a large group for dinner too. The kids in my family still love the individual foil packets and we cook them on the grill when we are at the beach or in the oven when we are home.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I am fucking making that ^^^ TONIGHT!!
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Salsa Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1pack taco seasoning
    1 16oz jar salsa
    1 can black beans (pinto or white beans are good too)
    1 can corn - drained

Add the chicken breasts to the crock pot, sprinkle both sides with taco seasoning. Use only half of the pack. Pour salsa over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours. About an hour before serving, add the beans and corn. Serve over rice or shred the chicken and serve with tortillas. It's so simple and delish!

We've done this with beef before. Served it like tacos with sour cream, cheese and sauce.
    Thanks, I'm going to make this tomorrow!
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

I just made this over the weekend and it was Awesome!

Chicken Bacon Ranch

4 boneless chicken breasts
    1 can cream of chix soup
    Packet of Ranch dressing
    8 oz sour cream
    1 packet of bacon bits (the good ones, not Bacos)
    1 tsp minced garlic

Put chicken breasts in crock pot, combine rest of ingredients and pour over chicken breasts. cook 2-4 hours on high 4-6 on low. Before the end of cooking, boil egg noodles. Take the chicken breasts out and add egg noodles to the sauce. You can then either shred chicken to combine with noodles, or plate the chicken whole with noodles on the side.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Here are some of the Weight Watchers recipes that I've enjoyed.

BBQ Pork
    2 lbs. boneless pork top loin
    1 c. chopped onion
    3/4 c. diet soda
    3/4 c. barbecue sauce

Combine all ingredients in a crockpot. Cook covered on high for 5-6 hours or until meat is very tender. Drain and slice or shred pork. I serve it on wheat buns that are 2 points.

4 Weight Watcher Points
    8 Servings

__________________________________________________ ____
    Crockpot Beef with Mushrooms And Red Wine Gravy

1 1/2 lbs. well-trimmed beef stew meat -- cut into one inch cubes
    2 medium onions cut into half inch wedges
    1 pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms -- (8 ounce)
    1 envelope beefy onion soup mix
    3 Tablespoons cornstarch
    Salt & pepper to taste
    1 1/2 cups dry red wine

Place beef, onions and mushrooms in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker (crockpot). Add dry soup mix. Sprinkle with cornstarch and salt and pepper to taste. Pour wine over all. Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours or high
    5 to 6 hours. Stir well before serving. 6 Servings

Hot Fudge Cake

3 c. skim milk
    1 box sugar free cook and serve chocolate pudding
    1 box Super Moist chocolate fudge cake mix
    1 1/3 c. water
    1/2 c. applesauce
    6 egg whites

Spray a crockpot container with nonfat cooking spray. Whisk skim milk with dry pudding mix in crockpot until dissolved. In a medium bowl, mix dry cake mix, water, applesauce and egg whites with whisk until blended. Pour cake mixture over pudding mixture. DO NOT MIX! Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours. Serve hot

Jambalya

1 cup lean boiled ham, diced
    2 onions, coarsely chopped
    2 celery stalks, sliced
    1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes
    1/4 cup tomato paste
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tablespoon chopped parsley
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    2 whole cloves
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 cup long-grain white rice
    1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined

Combine the ham, onions, celery, bell pepper, tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, parsley, thyme, cloves, oil, and rice in a slow cooker. Cook on High 4-5 hours.

After the 4-5 hours are up add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp are pink- about 1 hour longer.

i call this the 3 packet roast - it is very tasty!

any size roast, eye of round - which ever meat you prefer
    packet of McCormick brown gravy mix
    packet of Zeasty Italian Seasoning mix
    packet of Ranch Dressing mix

mix your three packets in 1 cup of water. you can add potatoes, carrots, onions if you like. this is so flavorful, i usually just do potatoes for my husband. brown sides of roast, put in c.pot and pour the water mix over roast. i cook on low for 8 hours. then i make some egg noodles. i like my roast cup up, on the noodles, then pour the sauce on top. my husband doesn't like noodles, so he eats meat and potatoes. probably not much different from any other crock pot roast - but the 3 packets make it really tasty!

Yum! These all sound great and really simple to make. I'm going to try all of them and see

I've got a roast in my crock pot right now (eye of round) with some basic seasonings. Cooking it til I can shred it and then making one of the boyfriend's family recipes (that he doesn't know I have, I secretly got it from his sister).

Speaking of roasts, this is a great recipe for making italian beef sandwiches.

1 rump roast
    cut up onion and garlic
    1 au jus gravy packet mixed with 3 cups water
    1 packet good seasons italian dressing mix
    pepperoncinis and pepperoncini juice to taste

throw it all in crockpot and cook on low all day, take out roast (it will be falling apart at this point) cool, shred and throw meat back into the juices. serve on italian rolls.

everytime i've made this for parties, people ALWAYS want the recipe...and it's so easy to make.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

OK, here's one I made last night. I thought it was delicious, but my SO thought that the flavor of the wine (and I used a good bottle, not cooking wine) was a bit overwhelming. I thought it added a terrific flavor.

Classic Beef Stew

4 pounds bottom round cut in to 2 inch pieces and trimmed
    1 cup all purpose flour
    olive oil
    2 large onions, diced (about two cups)
    1 6 oz can tomato paste
    1 cup dry red wine
    1 pound potatoes, cut into 2 inch pieces (about 4 cups)
    1/2 pound baby carrots (about 2 cups)
    2 cups beef broth
    1 tablespoon kosher salt
    1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
    1 bay leaf
    1 cup frozen peas

Coat the beef in flour. In a large skillet, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Brown the meat a few pieces at a time. Add browned meat to the crockpot.

Add onions to the same skillet and cook over medium heat until tender. Approx. 10 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and coat the onions. Transfer to crock pot.

Pour the wine into the skillet and scrape up any browned pieces and transfer to the crock pot. Stir in the potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, thyme and bay leaf.

Cover and cook on low for 7 1/2 hours or on high heat for 4. Add peas and heat thoroughly.

I served this with a loaf of french bread. I also made some rice and had a second helping over the rice!

That sounds good. I love beef stew on cold days so I may make that one. I also love all the pulled meat recipes. I only make pulled pork in the crock pot. It's so easy that way.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information