Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Chick-Fil-A Chicken (For Home)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    So I'm really torn about this situation.

As a person who believes in equality for all - I'm disgusted/disappointed people can still be so backward.

However, my mom (the least politically aware person you may ever meet) took my 78 y/o grandmother for Chic-fil-a on Saturday, and had to walk through a line of protesters screaming insults at them and calling my mother and my granny bigots.

That's bullshit. You don't create change by abusing the other side. I was raised in a extremely bigoted religion, and I didn't change my mind because people beat me into thinking their way -- it was because of moments of clarity and critical thinking.

I just hope well-intentioned people demanding equality for all aren't using tactics that undermine the cause.

/end rant

Now, I can't wait to make this recipe since I'm no longer supporting this company and my husband is a huge fan of their chicken. Thanks for posting it.
    I hate this happened to your mom and grandma. Attacking people when they walk in somewhere is not the way to help them understand your case. I hope this isn't being repeated every where.

I'm glad to post the recipe! I hope you all enjoy it!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Wait a minute! Dill or sweet pickle juice? I don't like sweet pickles.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Dill ma'am.
    McJag likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I remember back in the 1990's some recipe detective said the secret ingredient was confectioner sugar, not regular sugar. After I heard that, that explained the distinct sweetness in that batter that didn't seem like regular sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    So I'm really torn about this situation.

As a person who believes in equality for all - I'm disgusted/disappointed people can still be so backward.

However, my mom (the least politically aware person you may ever meet) took my 78 y/o grandmother for Chic-fil-a on Saturday, and had to walk through a line of protesters screaming insults at them and calling my mother and my granny bigots.

That's bullshit. You don't create change by abusing the other side. I was raised in a extremely bigoted religion, and I didn't change my mind because people beat me into thinking their way -- it was because of moments of clarity and critical thinking.

I just hope well-intentioned people demanding equality for all aren't using tactics that undermine the cause.

/end rant

Now, I can't wait to make this recipe since I'm no longer supporting this company and my husband is a huge fan of their chicken. Thanks for posting it.
    I bet they're wondering why they were called bigots. Learning begins now.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Every other fucking post on my FB page is about ChickFilAntiGay.

How I know there's no god? Lightning did not strike the one down here in my backwardass MS town. But ignorant, stubborn-ass rednecks sure made it easy for anyone who wanted to eat anywhere else! I wonder how many idiots were late coming back to their jobs just to make a big show of how wonderfully prejudiced they are by standing in a line for an hour or two.

And then got the fucking nerve to claim some shit like supporting free speech.

You fucking hate gay people. Have some balls and admit it. At least this dickhead CEO did.

(This probably belongs in the PFP thread)
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information