Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any good "Cheat Recipes" out there?

Canada baby!

Did someone say Velveeta?
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Silver Member

Has anyone tried the recipes from the Bisquick box like the what i call, "faux lasagna"?

Made this out of desperation the other week (what can I say - the cupboard was bare!), and it was delish.

Cover chicken legs generously with red pesto from a jar (green pesto would probably do just as well). It doesn't need to be smooth.

Sprinkle generously with any kind of Fried Chicken Coating (or make up your own seasoned flour with lots of salt, pepper and paprika, cayenne or chilli powder). Again, don't worry about it not being smooth and even.

Bake in a medium oven until done - about 40 mins, but test it with a sharp knife or skewer to be sure. If the oozy juices are clear rather than bloody, it's done.

Alongside, I roasted some veg (e.g. onion, carrot, parsnip, potato, celery, or anything you like) in the same pan and, instead of using ordinary olive oil, I drizzled it with the oil from a jar of sundried tomatoes. Yum.
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

fellow traveller

pasta e fagioli:
    • 4 tablespoons olive oil
    • 2 garlic cloves, minced
    • 1 16-ounce can Italian plum tomatoes, drained, chopped
    • 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
    • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
    • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
    • 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed, drained
    • Salt and pepper
    • 8 ounces elbow macaroni, freshly
    Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until brown, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook 5 minutes. Add parsley, basil and oregano and simmer until tomatoes soften, stirring occasionally and breaking up tomatoes with back of spoon, about 15 minutes. Add beans and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Place pasta in bowl. Toss with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Pour sauce over and toss thoroughly. Serve, passing Parmesan separately.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information