Makes 1 x 18cm dessert
- 500g dark chocolate, 70 per cent cocoa solids
- 550ml whipping cream
- seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 2Ĺ tsp vanilla extract
- cocoa powder for dusting
- whipped or thick cream to accompany
Deep chocolate vanilla torte | Mail Online
- Line with clingfilm a loose-bottom cake tin 18cm across and 6cm deep. Chop or break up the chocolate and gently melt it in a bowl set over a pan containing a little simmering water. Once melted, leave to cool a little.
- Warm 3 tbsp of the whipping cream with the vanilla seeds, leave to cool, then stir back into the rest. Whisk this vanilla cream in a large bowl with the vanilla extract until it forms soft peaks. In two goes, stir in the melted chocolate until combined. Pour the mixture into the cake tin. Using a bendy knife, sculpt the top into waves. Chill for at least 3 hours or ideally overnight until firm.
- To serve, unmould the torte and carefully roll the sides in cocoa powder. Slice into thin wedges (itís rich, so may serve 10). Spoon on a blob of cream