Thread: Anyone have any good, but easy, chicken recipes?

Default Anyone have any good, but easy, chicken recipes?

It feels like I wind up making chicken every single night! Don't want to eat too much red meat, and avoid pasta cause don't want to overload on carbs, and not a big fish fan. Anyone have any new and easy ways to make it just for a regular old weekday dinner, nothing too fancy?
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

You make stuffing according to the package directions and stuff chicken cutlets. Fold them with a toothpick. Cover with either gravy or creamy mushroom soup and bake for about 45 minutes. It's super easy and delicious.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Right behind you in the chicken dept. Here are two of my recipes.........the 40 cloves of garlic recipe was some chef's but I can't remember who.

Lately I've been throwing salsa over grilled or baked chicken. Low cal and all that.

I also love to chop sundried tomatos and fresh basil and sautee them along with the chicken in a skillet.

You might try some store bought marinades, just watch out for the sugar content.

Chicken Puttanesca:

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Crowd pleaser, my version. Serves 4-6 depending if you put it over penne pasta. Tastes great the second day.

4 Thick chicken filets - cut up into large cubes

1/3 cup Capers

1/2 cup Kalamata olives (fresh, pitted, coarsely chopped)

8 garlic cloves - coarsely chopped

Anchovy Paste in tube OR 6 smashed and finely chopped Anchovies. (I use the paste)

Olive Oil

Large can chopped tomatos in juice

Small can Tomato paste

About 10 pieces of flat italian parsley - finely chopped.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Chicken

In large skillet, heat olive oil, add chicken, cover. Keep turning chicken with spoon, LOW HEAT. Do not let chicken burn. There will be a lot of liquid for the chicken to cook in.

Sauce

In another large skillet or medium sauce pan: Coat bottom with olive oil, sautee garlic.

Add both cans of tomato sauce, add olives, add anchovy. Cook 15 minutes. Stir

Add capers, add salt and pepper (just a dash). Cook 5 minutes. Stir

Add some of the parsley (reserve some for the end). Cook another 10 minutes. Stir
    -------------------------------------------------------------

DRAIN liquid in chicken skillet.

Return to stove, add sauce to chicken. Mix sauce and chicken to cover all pieces. Cover and cook for 15 minutes on low heat. Should be gently bubbling.

Stir in rest of parsley.

Serve in shallow bowl, either alone of over pasta.
    Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic:

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    3 whole heads garlic, about 40 cloves
    2 (3 1/2-pound) chickens, cut into eighths

Kosher salt
    Freshly ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon unsalted butter
    2 tablespoons good olive oil
    3 tablespoons Cognac, divided
    1 1/2 cups dry white wine
    1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    2 tablespoons heavy cream

Separate the cloves of garlic and drop them into a pot of boiling water for 60 seconds. Drain the garlic and peel. Set aside.

Dry the chicken with paper towels. Season liberally with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat the butter and oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.

In batches, saute the chicken in the fat, skin side down first, until nicely browned, about 3 to 5 minutes on each side.

Turn with tongs or a spatula; you don't want to pierce the skin with a fork. If the fat is burning, turn the heat down to medium. When a batch is done, transfer it to a plate and continue to saute all the chicken in batches. Remove the last chicken to the plate and add all of the garlic to the pot.

Lower the heat and saute for 5 to 10 minutes, turning often, until evenly browned. Add 2 tablespoons of the Cognac and the wine, return to a boil, and scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.

Return the chicken to the pot with the juices and sprinkle with the thyme leaves. Cover and simmer over the lowest heat for about 30 minutes, until all the chicken is done.

Remove the chicken to a platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of the sauce and the flour and then whisk it back into the sauce in the pot. Raise the heat, add the remaining tablespoon of Cognac and the cream, and boil for 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste; it should be very flavorful because chicken tends to be bland. Pour the sauce and the garlic over the chicken and serve hot.

Silver Member
    The First Presleytarian Church Of Elvis The Divine

This one is really good, not mine but the winner of a cook off we had at work. I've made it several times, its easy and really good.

Chicken Rice a Roni Casserole

4 or 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1/2 can chicken broth (6 - 7 ozs)
    1 box chicken rice a roni
    8 ozs sharp shredded cheddar cheese

Cut up chicken into chunks and boil until tender (about 20 mins), cook rice a roni according to package directions.

Mix chicken, rice a roni, soup, broth and part of the shredded cheese in large bowl. Save some of the cheese to sprinkle on top. Place mixture in casserole dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 30 mins.
    How You Durrin ?

this is good to fix in the morning & leave to marinate all day...then prepare when you get home: Moroccan Spiced Grilled Chicken Breasts Recipe | Simply Recipes

Chicken Peanut Curry Recipe | Simply Recipes

yummy!: Martha's Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe | Simply Recipes

mmm, one of my favorites: Stuffed Herbed Chicken with Boursin Cheese Recipe | Simply Recipes

another of my favorites...i like to make an oven-roasted chicken one night & then do this a couple of nights later with the leftovers: Tortilla Soup Recipe | Simply Recipes
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

this is super easy-

Ingredients:
    2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    4 tablespoons olive oil
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
    1/4 cup sliced red onions
    a few garlic cloves peeled and smashed
    a drop of white wine
    8 halves of marinated artichoke hearts
    a bit of flour

Instructions:

Heat oil in a saute pan until hot

Add mushrooms, red onion, salt, pepper and garlic and saute

Push mushrooms and onions to one side of the pan and add floured chicken breasts with a little extra flour

Cook and turn chicken until lightly browned

Add garlic, basil, artichoke hearts and wine to deglaze the pan (use a little more wine if necessary- then drink some- it's good for you)

Cook and reduce the sauce to thicken

Plate the chicken and pour the remaining sauce from the pan over each breast
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; September 30th, 2008 at 02:48 PM.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I live for marinated artichoke hearts. Costco, 7 dollars for a huge jar. Same with sundried tomatos in oil.

If anyone lives near a Costco, they make marinated chicken filets that are individually sealed. I freeze the whole package and take out one package to defrost it.

The marinades are herb/garlic, teriyaki and something else, lol. My George Forman does the trick.

We're all a bunch of cluckers in here.

Thanks so much guys!! I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow and I'm totally psyched for some new ideas.

I'll add couple of my old standbys that I'm kinda sick of but are really good

Chicken _Piccata

1/4 cup flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    4 boneless skinless chick breast
    1/4 cup butter, cubed (I used lite butter and was still good)
    1/4 cup white wine or chick broth
    1 tablespoon lemon juice ( I like a bit more)

In plastic bag combine flour salt and pepper. Flatten chicken to 1/2" thick, place in bag and shake to coat.
    In large skillet -over medium heat brown chick in butter, still in wine or broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered 12-15 until juices run clear, drizzle with lemon juice.

Saucy Chicken:

4 skinless boneless breasts
    1 tablespoon veg oil ( I use olive)
    4 ounces cream cheese cubed
    1/2 cup chick broth
    1/4 cup grated parm cheese
    1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
    1 tablespoon lemon juice

Brown chick in oil, remove to heated oven to keep warm. Put cream cheese, broth, vinaigrette, parm and lemon juice in skillet - cook, and stir til blended. (Mine always has small cream cheese lumps, I just can't get it to blend completely). Return chick to pan and cook through.
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

A*O

If you want to keep it simple just chuck some chicken pieces (any type) in a ziplock bag with a sloosh of olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, herbs and/or spices of choice, Worcester sauce, whatever you fancy really and let it marinade for a few hours then chuck it on the barbie.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Oooh, some different and interesting ways with chicken!!! Yay! I personally love doing marinades. But when I'm in a pinch, have nothing much in the kitchen and want something done really quick, I use bottled italian dressing. Cut the chicken breasts into strips, put in skillet and drench with the dressing (and I've tried all the versions, fat free, full fat, light..they are all good). Fry in skillet until the strips get some nice brown on them, as the dressing reduces and becomes a delicious coating. Simplest way to make chicken in my house, and SOOOOOOOO good.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

10 Minute Szechuan Chicken

This quick and easy dinner recipe is fabulous any night of the week!

Serving: Serves: 4
    Total Time: 10 minutes

1 tablespoon corn oil
    1 tablespoon sesame oil
    2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
    1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
    1 carrot, julienned
    1 small zucchini, julienned
    1/4 cup chicken broth
    1 tablespoon light brown sugar
    1 bunch scallions, cut diagonally in 1-inch pieces
    Hot cooked rice

1. Heat the oils in a wok over high heat. Toss the cubed chicken breast in a bowl with the cornstarch to coat.
    2. Add the chicken and minced garlic to the wok and stir-fry until the chicken is lightly browned. Add the remaining ingredients except the scallions. Cover and cook for three minutes.
    4. Add the scallions. Cover and cook for two more minutes. Serve with hot, cooked rice or fried rice.

SOOO easy..
    As many chicken thighs or breasts you would like with cut up potatoes and canned green beans, in to a crockpot with half of a can of chicken broth or a whole cream of chicken soup..Let it cook all day..YUM!
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I like stirfry, but must admit I don't cook it very well at home. I tend to cook the chicken first and it's quite tough when it comes to adding it to the veggies and sauce.

What I have been doing lately is cooking the chicken in the oven as you would do if you were having a roast. Cooling it slightly and then shredding it and putting it into a vegetable and sauce stirfry. It's so delicious and the juiciness and flavor is retained in the meat because it's been oven cooked. I've found Honey Soy Sauce works very nicely with it.

I also have quite an easy recipe for Honey Chicken (the fried kind you can get at the Chinese Restaurant), I will hunt that down and post it. It really is delicious and tastes so authentic.

Oh Oh Oh!

Another one of my favorites:

Chicken Breast with Bacon, Avocado and Camembert
    - serves 4

4 chicken breasts
    4 slices bacon
    Salt and pepper to taste
    1 avocado
    160 gm Camembert cheese
    1 tbsp butter
    Lemon/ Lemon Juice

Flatten chicken breast lightly with meat mallet. Season with salt and pepper.

Halve avocado, remove seed, and peel away skin. Slice avocado halves length ways to produce four quarters. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
    Place a piece of avocado in the center of each flattened chicken breast. Cut a wedge of Camembert and place in center of avocado. Fold chicken breast over to enclose cheese and avocado.

Take a strip of bacon and wrap around chicken breast. Secure with two toothpicks.
    Melt some butter in a pan, Seal chicken parcel on all sides then place on baking tray in preheated oven (180C or 375F) for approximately 30 minutes. Spoon over sauce and serve.

*Alternatively you can serve advocado on the side. You can also crumb the chicken and place the bacon inside and cook in the oven. A light cheese sauce, gravy or any dressing you like goes very well with this.
    ssabmud

This is easy, cheater A La King, cause I'm lazy sometimes!

Easy A La Chicken

1/2 cup corn
    1 meduim onion, chopped
    1 tin canned mushrooms, pieces
    1 tbsp margarine
    2 cups cooked leftover chicken, cubed
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1/4 cup milk

**can use carrots and celery in place of corn and mushrooms**

1) Combine onion, mushrooms, corn and margerine, cover and microwave for 5-7 minutes or till onion is tender

2) Stir in chicken, soup and milk and cook 4-6 minutes checking and stirring along the way

3) Let stand a few minutes and enjoy with frash buttered bread or biscuits. Quick, easy, TASTY and good for you!!
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

Thread Information