Chocolate Fudge Mint Cookies
3/4 cup cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter
4 ounces best quality bittersweet chocolate (65% cocao)
12 ounces best quality semi sweet chocolate
1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup pecans, coursely chopped, toasted
2 cups Andes Mints (Creme de Menthe) chopped
1. Sift or whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a double broiler or a bowl sitting on top of a pan with boiling water, melt butter and both chocolates together. Stir constently until smooth.
3. In an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until thick and pale in color, about 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla and chocolate mixture.
4. Fold in dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Fold in mints and nuts.
5. Cover and chill until batter is firm, at least 30 minutes.
6. Cover cookie pans with parchement paper (very important)!!
7. Drop by 1/4 cup, space evenly and flatten slightly.
8. Bake at 350 degrees, about 12-14 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE!
9. Let cool on cookie sheets until firm, than transfer to wire cooling rack.