Greek Pizza with Feta
From Real Simple magazine
2 (10-ounce) portions frozen pizza dough, thawed
1 pound lean ground sirloin
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
1/2 cup chopped red onion
2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
2/3 cup crumbled feta cheeseDIRECTIONS
- Arrange oven racks in the lower and upper third of the oven. Heat oven to 475° F.
- Divide dough into four equal portions. Roll out on a well-floured surface to make four 6-inch rounds and transfer to two ungreased baking sheets.
- Combine raw beef with the garlic, cinnamon, and allspice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Crumble meat evenly over each round. Top with oregano, onion, and tomatoes.
- Bake 10 minutes; remove pizzas from the oven and scatter feta over tops. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes longer, or until the edges are lightly browned and the beef is thoroughly cooked.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES 562(0% from fat); FAT 18g (sat 6g); PROTEIN 39mg; CHOLESTEROL 71mg; CALCIUM 217mg; SODIUM 808mg; FIBER 4g; CARBOHYDRATE 69g; IRON 6mg