cooking spray or butter for the pan
2 cups flour, plus more for the pan
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons caraway seeds (If you don't like them you can leave them out)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup milkDIRECTIONS
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray pan with cooking spray or rub with butter. Dust bottom and sides of pan with flour.
- In a large bowl, mix together 2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in seeds and raisins.
- With a fork lightly beat the eggs and milk.
- Gradually add eggs and milk mixture to dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a sticky, thick dough.
- Turn the dough into a 5 x 9 loaf pan or a round 8-inch pan. Sprinkle a little flour on the top.
- Bake for 1 hour for loaf pan or 50 minutes for round.
- Turn out of pan onto wire rack to cool. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Makes 1 loaf of bread.
Irish Soda Bread | yumsugar - Food, Drink, & Entertaining.