This sounded so yummy that I thought I'd share... I love French Toast and anything Blueberry so this was just too good for me to pass up and it sounds like a perfect weekend brunch idea. The site also had a yummy recipe for Asparagus Fritata and Chicken Balsamic Bake that are next on my list to try.
Overnight Blueberry French Toast
Share Recipes Online for Overnight Blueberry French Toast & Chat | Expert Advice, Read Articles, Message Board | Parents Connect
Dish It Out:
- 1 large loaf french bread, sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- ½ stick butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2. Arrange the bread slices in one layer in the baking dish.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk, nutmeg, vanilla and ¾ cup of the brown sugar, stirring well to mix.
- 4. Pour mixture evenly over the bread.
- 5. Cover and refrigerate at least eight hours or overnight.
- 6. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400° F.
- 7. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter or margarine and add the remaining ¼ cup brown sugar, stirring well.
- 8. Top the egg mixture with the pecans and blueberries, then drizzle with the melted butter and sugar mixture.
- 9. Bake for 45 minutes until set and golden brown on top.