Thread: Brie & Mango Quesadillas

Canada baby!

Default Brie & Mango Quesadillas

Brie & Mango Quesadillas

Oh, this was so good. I made a quesadilla last night, along with some black bean soup — jwa worked late and missed it all! Actually, he had some soup when he got home. But, back to the topic at hand here, I wouldn’t have thought to pair brie and mango up but, yeah, it works. I originally saw the recipe in Best 125 Meatless Main Dishes, by Sus Geiskopf Hadler — but really, it’s a dang quesadilla so it’s not that hard to piece together. Below is a brief recap of what I did, which pretty much follows the original recipe, eventhough the book was tucked away in the bookshelf while I prepared dinner. As such, you will probably read about this today and in some far off moment, think, “hmmmmm….brie & mango, tortillas…” and make yourself one of these lickety-split, using just basic quesadilla common sense & general cheese-goes-on-the-inside know how.

Brie & Mango Quesadillas:

1 medium ripe mango, peeled and cut into thin strips
    Brie room temperature
    3 green onions, chopped
    1 tbsp olive oil
    4 wheat tortillas

Prepare the mango. Mango can be tricky because it has that long, rectangular pit-like thing running through it. Find out which way that runs and then slice the pit-less cheeks from the fruit. Cut into thin pieces. Spread brie on two of the tortillas and sprinkle with green onion. Place mango slices on top of each and cover with another tortilla to make two quesadillas.

Heat olive oil in a pan and cook quesadillas on each side until golden and brie is all melty. Let cool for a minute then cut each quesadilla into four wedges. Serve with sour cream and salsa, garnish with cilantro leaves.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Outside of Dallas, Texas

sounds and looks yummy!
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

Thread Information