I got this from Recipezaar. It is so tasty and easy to make that I'm posting it here, even though I suspect no one actually makes any of these recipes
Fish Baked with Sour Cream
1 lb white fish fillets, patted dry
4 ounces sliced mushrooms
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper (can use either white or black)
1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature (if using light sour cream, bring to room temperature and stir well)
3-5 tablespoons grated or shredded parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
paprika (for garnish)
chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Put fish into a rectangular baking dish (approx. 12 x 7. 5 x 2), sprayed lightly with a baking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Over medium to medium-high heat, melt butter in a skillet large enough to hold mushrooms and onions.
- Saute mushrooms and onions about 3 minutes, until mushrooms are golden, sprinkling with thyme when about halfway through.
- Spoon mushroom and onion mix over fish and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle about 1 1/2 T parmesan (or to taste) over the mushroom and onion mixture.
- Mix remaining cheese into sour cream.
- Spread sour cream over mushroom/onion mixture, using a spatula.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake uncovered for about 25- 30 minutes, or until fish flakes with fork.
- Sprinkle with parsley and paprika and serve.