Default Baked Apples

To see this simple recipe just read more

What you need:
    2 apples (I like to use Macintosh)
    Chopped walnuts
    Dried cranberries
    Honey
    What you do:
    1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Wash the apples thoroughly. Then remove 3/4 of the core, leaving a little at the bottom.
    2. Place them in a pan and fill the holes up with a mixture of the walnuts and cranberries. Drizzle each with about 1 tbsp of honey.
    3. Cover the pan with foil and place in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Check on your apples occasionally to make sure they're not getting too mushy.
    4. Remove from the oven, allow to cool for five minutes and enjoy.
    Baked Apples With Walnuts | baked apple, dessert, healthy dessert | FitSugar - Fitness, Health & Well-Being.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm I love baked apples
    Last edited by Honey; January 10th, 2008 at 03:17 AM.

MMmmmm. My Mom used to make baked apples for us all the time when we were kids. I'm all grown up and haven't had one since. Your thread has inspired me; going to grab some apples from the grocery store tomorrow!

An oldie but goodie. I love comfort food like this.

This is perfect!
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

those look awesome, i love baked apples.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

A good twist on this is to use QUINCES instead of apples. Just increase the baking time a bit..maybe ten or fifteen minutes or so..and be sure and rub the fuzzy off the quinces first.

Quinces:Quince - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At my former place I had a dwarf Orange Quince tree. It always fruited-huge Quinces much bigger than apples or pears. And you could let them sit out on a desk or something and they had a wonderful smell. My damn tree did eventually get fireblight..killed it dead in a few weeks. They are prone to it.

The baked quinces were heavenly though..baked with the centers filled with honey(the best way I ever had them). Also you can freeze and then thaw quinces to make them instantly edible(instead of having to cook them) and there are new varieties like 'Aromatnaya' and others where you can eat them fresh like a crispy pear.

Of course the apples baked with walnuts and honey is heavenly too.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Gold Member

i'm going to try this, it sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    A good twist on this is to use QUINCES instead of apples. Just increase the baking time a bit..maybe ten or fifteen minutes or so..and be sure and rub the fuzzy off the quinces first.

Quinces:Quince - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At my former place I had a dwarf Orange Quince tree. It always fruited-huge Quinces much bigger than apples or pears. And you could let them sit out on a desk or something and they had a wonderful smell. My damn tree did eventually get fireblight..killed it dead in a few weeks. They are prone to it.

The baked quinces were heavenly though..baked with the centers filled with honey(the best way I ever had them). Also you can freeze and then thaw quinces to make them instantly edible(instead of having to cook them) and there are new varieties like 'Aromatnaya' and others where you can eat them fresh like a crispy pear.

Of course the apples baked with walnuts and honey is heavenly too.
    Awww,Soj,they are sooooo good..
    My granny used to fill them with sweet red wine and blanched almonds,i can still remember the smell and the pinkish juice in the pan..i ll make them,its the right season now.
    My mom used sugar and cinnamon mix on baked apples.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

^^ You are so lucky to live in Greece! I bet you can grow all kinds of wonderful things there..year round.. so jealous here! *sorry I have been kind of nutty lately to ya.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

^^My mom did cinnamon and sugar too. I really need to make these for my boys.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

mmm, i used to eat baked apples all the time. i should make one tonight.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    ^^ You are so lucky to live in Greece! I bet you can grow all kinds of wonderful things there..year round.. so jealous here! *sorry I have been kind of nutty lately to ya.
    Nah,hon,i like you,always did,i kind of care for you to be well and strong..i can read between the lines,i do
    I wish i could take you to my home town for the local religious festival..the villagers around town bring their homegrown stuff,fresh and natural.
    I ll shop my ass off,i hope there will be room in the car to bring it back...and the prices...
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

I made one apple a while ago. I used white raisins on top. I didn't get to eat it. I asked my friends little girl if she liked them. She said no. I told her to taste it. It was gobbled.

Thread Information