Oh, this is heavenly. Do add the white wine even though it is optional. And let it cool a good 15 minutes before digging in so it can set a little. Wonderful, wonderful recipe!
Shrimp and Linguine Bake
A tasty shrimp and pasta recipe with garlic, peas, cheese, and tomatoes.
· 1 to 1 1/2 pounds medium to large shrimp
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 tsp. dried crushed basil
· 1 tbsp. olive oil
· 1 tbsp. butter
· 2 to 3 tablespoons white wine or sherry, optional
· 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
· 1/4 cup sliced green onions
· 1 cup frozen green peas
· salt and pepper to taste
· 6 to 8 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
· 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
· freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
Peel and devein shrimp. In a small bowl, toss shrimp with garlic and basil. Refrigerate while linguine is cooking. Cook linguine according to package directions. Spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon half the tomatoes into the baking dish; top with linguine. In the same pot you cooked the linguine in or a skillet, melt butter with olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced green onions; cook for 1 minute. Add shrimp mixture, peas, wine, salt and pepper and the remainder of the tomatoes; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Pour shrimp and tomato mixture over linguine then top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.
Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.