I made this last spring and it was good!
LEMON-YOGOURT BUNDT CAKE
Bundt cake takes its name from the Bundt pan it's baked in, which has a hole in the centre.
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated lemon peel
- 2 cups (500 mL) cake flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 cup (250 mL) unflavoured yogourt
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) sifted icing sugar
1. Using an electric mixer, cream butter together with sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and lemon peel.
2. In a mixing bowl, sift flour with baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt. Stir well. Alternating, add flour mixture and yogourt to batter, beginning and ending with flour. With each addition, stir until just combined.
3. Spoon batter into a buttered 9-cup (2L) Bundt pan. Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
4. Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then invert on a serving plate.
Combine lemon juice with sugar. Mixture should be runny. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake. Makes 1 Bundt cake.