I'm making this for dinner tonight, and it's a great recipe that everyone enjoys so I thought I'd share.
It's also available at www.recipezaar.com
Cap'n Crunch Chicken
Makes 8 servings
2 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
1 1/2 cups corn flakes
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 lbs chicken breasts, cut in 1-oz tenders
vegetable oil (for frying)
1. Coarsely grind or crush the two cereals and set aside
2. Beat the egg with the milk and set aside.
3. Stir together the flour, onion and garlic powders, and black pepper.
4. Set aside.
5. Dip the chicken: pieces in the seasoned flour.
6. Move around to coat well, then shake off the excess flour.
7. Dip in the egg wash, coating well, then dip in the cereal mixture, coating well.
8. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet to 325.
9. Drop coated chicken tenders carefully in the hot oil and cook until golden brown and fully cooked, 3 to 5 minutes depending on size.
10. Drain and serve immediately with creole mustard sauce.
Creole Mustard Sauce (mix all ingredients together)
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup creole mustard or Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon horseradish
1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon water
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon green onions, sliced in pieces
1 teaspoon crushed garlic, , packed in oil
1 teaspoon finely chopped green peppers
1 teaspoon finely chopped celery
1 teaspoon finely chopped onions
The sauce cuts back on the sweetness.