I like to make these for my boyfriend and his friends when they watch games and they really enjoy them. They are easy and delicious, and the batter freezes well. I got the recipe several years ago from a Bisquick Box.

3 cups Bisquick
1 pound breakfast sausage(I use Jimmy Dean original. Some people prefer Spicy, but I wouldn't recommend this if baking for kids as they come out much spicier than you might expect)
4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
pinch of dried rosemary leaves (flavor is very strong... don't overdo it)
*sometimes I add a little bit more milk if it is too difficult to mix ingredients

Preheat oven to 350*F

Mix all of the ingredients with your hands (easiest) or a large spoon. I add half of the Bisquick, then tear pieces of the sausage off in chunks and add them, then put the rest of the Bisquick and the cheeses and spices on top of that. Add the milk last as it will make stirring easier.

Grease a cookie sheet with butter (not cooking spray). This really adds to the flavor.

Form 1 to 2 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.

Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.

This recipe generally makes about two batches. Leftover batter can be frozen for up to a month or refrigerated for up to 24 hours. You can also bake them, put them in a Ziploc freezer bag, and freeze them for up to a month, and then heat them in your microwave when you are ready to eat them. They make good snacks for kids or boyfriends/husbands.