Ingrédients pour 18 à 20 croissants :
- 17.5 ounces flower
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1.4 Ounces baker’s Yeast
- 7 ounces real butter
- 2.1 ounces sugar
- 1 egg for the coloration + 1 pinch salt
- 11.2 ounces room temperature milk
- I am trying to translate grams into ounces and °C into °F, so if you don’t understand and that you prefer grams, just let me know… lol
- In a bowl, pour the flower. Dig a hole in it. Inside the hole, put the suger, the salt, the milk and the yeat that you have previously mixed with a little milk.
- Stir until you obtain a homogeneous dough, and keep stirring until it does not stick to the bowl anymore
- Cover the bowl with a wet dishtowel and place in the fridge for about 30 min. After those 30 minutes are gone, stir again the dough (for the air to be renewed because of the fermenting of the yeat) and place back the dough in the fridge for an hour.
- Wrap the butter into a cooking paper then roll it till it is about 0.2 inches thick and has a square shape. Remove the paper ( !)
- Ge tht dough from the fridge. Flower your work station and roll over the dough until it is about 0.4 inches thick.
- Place the butter at the center of the dough and fold the borders of the dough towards the center.
- Spread the dough in large rectangle about 0.2 inches thick
- Fold into 3 and give ¼ turn to the dough (I know it sounds weird…)
- Let rest 20 mins in the fridge
- Repeat etape 3 twice again and befoire you spread again the dough, check that the fold is located at your right.
- Roll the dough over until it is about 0.15 inches thick and 12.6 inches wide
- Cut the dough into 2 in order to obtain two bands of approx 6.3 inches
- In each band, cut triangles havinf a base of approx 4.7 inches
Have a nice breakfast!!
- At the middle of the base of each triangle operate a little incision(0.4 – 0.8 inches)
- Starting with the base of the triangle roll it up towards the summit of the triangle (if you’re real griddy, you can certainly add a chocolate bar along the base of the traiangle pripor to roll up)
- Place the croissants on a baking tray covered with cooking paper and let rest 1 hour (they should double volume)
- Pre-heat the oven 464°F
- Put some liquid egg on the croissants, place them in the oven and let cook for 15 to 18 min.