Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Chicken escalope in cognac cream with fried potatoes and/or white rice

Default Chicken escalope in cognac cream with fried potatoes and/or white rice

• Escalopes de poulet dans leur sauce au cognac, Pommes de terre sautées ou riz blanc / Chicken escalope in cognac sauce with fried potatoes or white rice
    This one is extremely easy to prepare. For 6 people, you need
    · 6 chicken escalopes
    · 250 ml thick fresh cream
    · Kitchen cognac (don’t use good vintage it would be a waste)
    · Potatoes or white rice (if you can get Thai or basmati, it is always better)
    · Parsley
    · Salt (big and small), pepper, paprika and curry
    · Optional: red & green sweet pepper. If you can find it, duck or goose fat (for the chips)
    If you have chosen the potatoes

Wash but don’t peel the potatoes. Cut them into fries or cubes, it’s up to you. Not too big, not to small though.
    In a deep fryer, you want to put the duck/goose fat. If you don’t have any, vegetal oil will do. Bring it to boiling temperature and put the potatoes in the fryer. Watch out it will jump at you, all the more if you use duck or goose fat.
    Let them cook, stirring from time to time until they reach a nice color.
    Once cooked, put them into absorbing paper and salt with big salt. You can chop parsley and spill it over the potatoes if you wish
    If you have chosen the rice

Rince it at least 3 times.
    If you have a steam cooker for rice, it is the best. If not, put the rice (dry) into a pan, put cold water until it is one centimetre above the rice. Put it on the fire, and cover hermetically. It should take 10 to 15 minutes to have a steam cooked rice.
    Obviously, you can prepare both side plates!!

Chicken scalopes:
    In a frying pan, put some vegetal oil, just a soup spoon. When it is hot, put the escalope, medium fire. Let them. Check it is well done in the inside.
    While the escalope are cooking, mix the fresh cream and the cognac. 1/5 fl.oz. or a bit more will give a good taste.
    At the end of cooking, pour fresh cream and the cognac in the frying pan. Let it cook for 3 mins approx. Taste the cream if you are happy with the taste of the cognac it is ok. If it is too weak, add some. Salt and pepper at the end.
    Plate dressing:
    If you have prepared rice: Pack it down into a Chinese bowl. Cover the bowl with the plate turn it so tht the plate gets below the bowl. (difficult to explain). The bowl should now be upside down on the plate. Remove the bowl and you have a nice pack of rive. You can choose whatever mould you like.
    If you have made potatotes. Put them on the side of the plate
    Put the escalope in the plate. Spill gently the cream on the escalope and the rice.
    Put one parsley branch on top of the rice / potatoes. On the edges of the plate, spill gently some paprika and curry for the color. You can also put some slices of sweet pepper to color up a bit more.

Nota. This dish can also be very good with tagliatelle…
    Bon appetit!!
    C'est en potant qu'on devient potiron

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Oh hehe I like recipes that use booze

I know what you mean by
    Pack it down into a Chinese bowl. Cover the bowl with the plate turn it so tht the plate gets below the bowl. (difficult to explain). The bowl should now be upside down on the plate. Remove the bowl and you have a nice pack of rive. You can choose whatever mould you like.

My friend showed me how to do this when we went out for Chinese

When I get some chicken, I'll try this recipe. Thanks supermat.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I thought this was about a runaway drunken chicken or something. I read "Chicken escapes in cognac cream..."
    2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss View Post
    I thought this was about a runaway drunken chicken or something. I read "Chicken escapes in cognac cream..."
    C'est en potant qu'on devient potiron

Thread Information