Lemon-Basil Butter Cookies
Upload a recipe photo
Worthy of a special occasion
Rate and Review | Read Reviews (2)
Yield: 6 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup fresh lemon-basil leaves*
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 large egg $
- 6 cups all-purpose flour $
- Garnish: fresh basil sprigs
- Process basil and 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor until blended.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar, beating well. Add lemon juice and egg, beating until blended. Gradually add flour and basil mixture, beating until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Garnish, if desired.
- * Plain fresh basil leaves may be substituted for lemon-basil leaves.
Lemon-Basil Butter Cookies Recipe | MyRecipes.com