I'm going to make this with just ordinary, not grilled corn. It sounds really, really good. From Food Network Canada.
Pasta Salad with Grilled Corn and Jalapenos
* 4 jalapeno chilies
* 8 medium tomatoes
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (45ml)
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (45ml)
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (45ml)
* 1/3 cup green (hulled) pumpkin seeds (80ml)
* 4 ears fresh corn shucked and silks removed
* 1 large white onion, cut in ½-inch thick rounds
* Olive oil for drizzling
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 4 cloves garlic minced
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin (5ml)
* 1/4 cup olive oil (60ml)
* 11 oz short pasta such as penne (453g)
* 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese (250 ml)
* Garnish: fresh cilantro leaves
1. Lay corn, jalapenos and onion on baking sheet. Drizzle vegetables with 1 tablespoon of oil, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat the barbecue to medium high heat on one side and medium low heat on the other side. Oil the grill and add the onions to the medium low side of the grill. Place the corn and jalapenos to the medium high heat side of the grill. Grill onions to char approximately 5 to 8 minutes. Grill the corn and jalapenos to char for about 2-3 minutes turning to prevent burning. Remove vegetables from grill and transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour up to overnight.
3. Cook pasta in a pot of salted boiling water until aldente or cooked to personal preference. Once cooked, place in colander to rinse under cold water. Shake off excess water and add to a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.
4. Remove vegetables from refrigerator. Remove skins and seeds from jalapenos and place cleaned peppers into the bowl with the pasta. Cut corn off cob and add to the bowl. Chop white onion and quarter tomatoes and then add them to the bowl. Add basil, oregano and cilantro.
5. In a skillet toast some pumpkin seeds over low heat until lightly browned. In another non-stick skillet add oil, garlic and cumin. Cook for 3 minutes stirring with wooden spoon over medium low heat. Add to salad ingredients in bowl. Add the flavored oil, toss, season with salt and pepper, refrigerate until ready to serve.