http://www.foodtv.ca/recipes/reciped...px?dishid=6515, Canada Food Network
Tangerine Tequila Chicken Breasts
* 8 x large chicken breasts, skinless boneless
* 1/4 cup sugar (60ml)
* 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar (125ml)
* 1 tsp dried chili peppers (5ml)
* The zest and juice of 6 tangerines (or regular oranges)
* 3 tbsp gold premium tequila (45ml)
* 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (15ml)
* 1/2 cup peanut oil (125ml)
* 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped (15ml)
* 1/4 tsp salt (1.25ml)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, vinegar and chilies. Add the tangerine zest, tangerine juice, tequila, lime juice, peanut oil, mint and salt.
2. Rinse the chicken in cool water and pat dry.
3. Place chicken breasts in a large sealable plastic bag. Pour all but ¼ cup (60ml) of the marinade overtop of the chicken. Seal the bag ensuring the chicken is well coated.
4. Place in the refrigerator and allow the chicken to marinate for 3-6 hours.
5. Preheat one side of the grill to 375°F/190°C or medium high heat. Leave the other side of the grill off.
6. Oil the grill. Place chicken over the direct heat and sear chicken until golden brown char marks are achieved on one side only (about 2 minutes). Flip the chicken and move over to side of grill without heat, continue to cook for 6 -8 minutes, or until juices run clear.
7. Remove chicken, cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Feeds about 8 people.