Pepper Quiche Cups
I needed to find a new way to eat eggs, as I can only scramble, fry and poach so many per week. These Pepper Quiche Cups are a no-brainer. They look and taste delicious.
makes 4 pepper cups ( 2 whole peppers)
- 2 peppers
- 3 eggs [I use organic and free-range]
- 1/4 cup of tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of onion
- 1/4 cup of broccoli
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1/8 cup of milk
- 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional for heat)
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of sea salt
1. Cut and core the peppers to prepare them for the filling. Preheat the over to 375degrees.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the egg, milk and cheese.
3. Over medium-low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Add vegetables. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft. If you are using meat, ensure that you cook it first.
4. Mix vegetables into the egg mixture and add a pinch of pepper and sea salt.
5. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until the filling is cooked (you should be able to cleanly pull out a tooth pick from the middle of a pepper cup.
A helpful hint: Do your best to use peppers that are as symmetrical as possible so when cut in half they can sit fairly flat on a baking dish.