Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By greysfang
  • 1 Post By I'mNotBitter

Thread: Chicken and Dumplings thread. Post your additions

Default Chicken and Dumplings thread. Post your additions

Mel's quick and dirty recipe is good enough that it needs its own thread so we can find it easier. Everyone should post their own additions, or homemade recipes, so we have them all in one place too (I'm looking at you evil shed)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    GUYS, I've found these frozen ones and they are fucking AWESOME.... I'm almost embarassed to post my recipe because it's so fucking simple...

oh well, here goes. The one I typed up for her, does also have a half-ass recipe that I use for homemade... but it's not EXACT, I don't measure when i cook!

1 Whole Fryer
    1 yellow onion
    2 large cans Cream of Mushroom soup
    Dumplings – either homemade or frozen
    Salt & pepper to taste

Put chicken in stock pot and fill with water – leave about an inch empty. Add 2 tablespoons of salt (or to taste) and black pepper. Cut up yellow onion and add to the chicken/water. Bring chicken to boil and allow the chicken to cook at a boil for about 40 minutes and then turn the chicken over and boil for about 20 minutes more. Remove chicken from broth and set aside to cool. While the chicken cools, make sure there is no skin/fat or bones in the pot – I just scoop around in the pot with a slotted spoon. Add the 2 cans of soup and bring the broth to a low boil. Debone the chicken and set the chicken aside. While the broth is boiling, either make the homemade dumplings or break up the frozen ones and add to the boiling broth. Always stir well during the adding of the dumplings because the dumplings have a tendency to want to stick to the pot. Allow the dumplings to cook for about 30 minutes – stirring often – and then add the chicken. Allow about 15 to 30 minutes of cooking after the chicken is added – if you over cook it, the chicken will fall apart and get stringy.

Homemade dumplings

1 cup self rising flour
    1/3 self rising flour in small bowl
    1 tablespoon Crisco
    Cold water
    Put flour in a bowl. Using a fork, cut the Crisco into the flour until it’s a flaky consistency. Add the cold water and mix ingredients together. A tablespoon at a time, pick up the flour mixture and roll it into the small bowl of dry flour. Pat that out in your hand to a thin layer and tear it into about 3 pieces and add to boiling broth. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Allow dumplings to cook for 30 minutes and then add chicken and cook for an additional 15 minutes.

** I went and found the frozen dumplings, seriously USE them! **
    They are Mary B's open kettle dumlings and they are THE bomb:
    Mary B's Open Kettle Frozen Dumplings - Walmart.com

To mel's recipe, I added one can of low salt chicken broth to boil the chicken (it came out incredibly tender and seasoned) and halved her salt until I tasted later. I also used one can of mushroom and one can of chicken instead of the two mushroom.
    McJag and MsDark like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I told y'all they were good! So simple, it's almost embarassing BUT good!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

This is my cousins fast-after-work recipe. You can add shredded store-bought roasted chicken.

DUMPLINGS

1 CAN CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP
    2-3 CANS WATER
    1-PKG. FLOUR TORTILLAS (5-6)

Put soup and water in sacuepan,let come to a boil, then cut tortillas in strips. I use a pizza cutter,add one at time. Stir often, they seem to stick and turn down to low. Cook for about 30-45- minutes.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thank you, greys!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I think I'm making this tonight. I don't feel like making dumplings, so I'll see if they have them at the store. I know they have frozen egg noodles, because I use those when I make chicken noodle soup and don't feel like making homemade noodles.

Bump because the thread got lost.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

yeah, we can't have that shit!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

OMG! I need this thread! I have an ear-sinus infection, am supposed to be on leave & my boss keeps harassing me & I'm stressed instead of relaxing & getting better.

Thanks for posting everyone!
    Free Charmed.

I hate all of you...never in my life have I wanted chicken and dumplings and now I've made it twice in the last 3 weeks - big huge pots of it. But I love to cook so it's all homemade chicken stock, homemade dumplings in my house. The first time, I made it AFTER work. I didn't eat until 9. And now this thread had to be bumped? Evil witches, the lot of you.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

After chopping up two whole chickens to fry last night, I put some leftover pieces in a pot of water with bay leaves and half a bulb of garlic to simmer a few hours.
    Today, I skimmed the fat, squeezed the garlic out of its skin, tore the meat off the bones to put back into the pot and added chopped onion, carrot and celery. It's currently simmering for when my boys get home.
    Chicken soup and dumplings... here I come!

Yay! Glad everyone finds a little something to like in here...
    MM you should make some more!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Well hell one of ya'll make me some (without the cream of anything soup) and bring me some I'm too lazy to cook. What recipe you want Greys? I'm not the cook that's Mel lol
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I too, made a giant fucking pot of chicken and dumplings week before last after reading this thread. And I use that exact brand of frozen that Mel posted.

I've tasted them with the dumplings made from tortillas and biscuits and both are good.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

the idea of canned biscuit or tortilla dumplings terrify me. i just canNOT mentally get on board with it.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    OMG! I need this thread! I have an ear-sinus infection, am supposed to be on leave & my boss keeps harassing me & I'm stressed instead of relaxing & getting better.

Thanks for posting everyone!
    Oh, adult ear infections are the worst, I just got over one too. Hope you're feeling better, Novice.

Just giving this a bump as it's flu season and I was looking for it myself, thought others might be too.
    PoisonGirl likes this.

Thread Information