Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Waterslide

Thread: Tagalong Brownie Cookie Bars

Default Tagalong Brownie Cookie Bars

MARCH 18, 2013

Tagalong Brownie Cookie Bars {Tagalong Brookies}

Peanut butter and chocolate. And brownies. And Girl Scout Cookies. What do all these have in common? Classics. They are all classics. They belong together. Like peanut butter and jelly, only chocolate. Right? They were made to be together. Simply fabulous. Do they taste just like a Tagalong cookie? Nope. And I never claimed that they did. What do you get when you cross a cookie with a brownie? A Brookie! That's where they are different. I never met a Girl Scout who sold brownies and these cookies are part brownie. Maybe that's what I should have called them, Brownie Stuffed Tagalong Bars. Or Tagalong Brookies. What about Chocolate Peanut Butter Brookies. Any way you slice it, they sound pretty good. Don't you think?
    Tagalong Brownie Cookie Bars*Recipe By Jasey's Crazy DaisyShortbread Cookie Crust Layer1 1/2 cups flour1/2 powdered sugar2 sticks butterBrownie Layer1 box of brownie mix, I prefer Betty Crocker's Dark Chocolate
    Ingredients called for in directions on back of box
    1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream toppingPeanut Butter Layer {Look familiar? It's one of my favorite frosting recipes.}2 sticks butter, softened
    1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (don't use the natural kinds that you have to stir, or the old-fashioned brands)
    1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    Chocolate Glaze2 cups semisweet chocolate chips8 Tablespoons (1 stick) butter*Note - I like to line my baking dish with foil, leaving an in or two overhang so I can pull the brownies out of the dish before cutting them. You can totally skip this step, but the brownies aren't quite as easy to get out of the pan.DirectionsPreheat oven to 350. Combine all crust ingredients and mix with mixer until coarse pea-sized lumps form. Press evenly over the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.

Meanwhile, prepare brownie batter according to package directions, adding 1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, unheated and straight from the jar. Make sure to follow the high altitude directions if you live at high altitude. Pour over shortbread crust and bake as directed, until a toothpick comes out nearly clean with only a few crumbs remaining. Cool completely. When I'm in a hurry I pop them in the freezer for about 15 minutes.

While cooling, prepare peanut butter layer. Beat butter and peanut butter at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar and beat until mostly moistened. Scrape bowl and beat at medium-low until fully combined. Add vanilla and beat at medium until fully incorporated. Increase speed to medium high and beat until light and fluffy, scraping bowl occasionally. Spread over chilled brownies. Place in freezer for another 15 minutes to prepare the peanut butter layer for the glaze. You'll want it nice and cold so it is firm enough to withstand the warmth of the glaze as it spreads across the brownies.

Meanwhile prepare chocolate glaze. Place chocolate chips and butter in a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between intervals, until mixture is smooth and creamy. Let sit for a few minutes to cool down. It will thicken just a bit. Pour over chilled brownies moving back and forth as you move across the pan to evenly spread the mixture. Use a spatula to finish spreading the glaze over the brownies. Place in fridge to help chocolate set. You don't want them too firm that they are difficult to melt, so if you leave them in too long, just set them out for a bit before you cut them. Cut into bars and enjoy!

If you like brownies, click here to check out my other brownie creations, some of them are "brookies."

http://www.jaseyscrazydaisy.com/2013...=Yahoo%21+Mail
    Last edited by Waterslide; March 21st, 2013 at 05:21 PM.
    Honey likes this.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Someone called???
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Oh shit. My niece managed to sell me a ton of these guys. Guess I know what I'm doing with them. Thanks!!!
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

I'm so glad I looked into this thread, now I have the idea to add hot fudge topping to my brownie mix! It's perfect. Just the extra special thing I've been looking for.
    I'm baking brownies for my youngun's birthday this Sunday, using it as the middle layer of a three layer chocolate cake. It will have white frosting in between the layers and all over and (I think, still deciding) chocolate chips everywhere and ganache on top.

fgg

^that sounds amazing! please share the final recipe because i want to make that!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Thread Information