Got this wonderful recipe from my ex-bf's SW winter 06 catalong. It's time for me to make some. I "borrowed" it and posted it to Food.com - Thousands Of Free Recipes From Home Chefs With Recipe Ratings, Reviews And Tips (fka recipezaar) right after making them for a dinner party. Once I'm settled in my new house, I will be making them again.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, minced ( save some for garnish)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3 lb mozzarella cheese or 1/3 lb provolone cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- olive oil ( for frying)
- 48 ounces tomato sauce ( use premade or make your own)
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the milk and bread crumbs.
- Whip eggs in separate bowl. Then add to larger bowl along with the meats, parsley, garlic and pepper.
- Mix ingredients briefly with hands.
- Form into 2 inch balls.
- Seal cheese cube into center of each meatball.
- In a large skillet set on medium-high, heat oil to almost-smoking, browing meatballs for about a minute or so.