I've been watching this girl's YouTube channel for a while now and I just love her to pieces.
I was looking for a good Red Velvet Cake recipe and this one was so incredible. One time I made it though, and I must have used the wrong size cake pans or something, because it all cooked over the pan and ended up on the bottom of my stove (which thankfully was lined with aluminum foil at the time), and it didn't cook through. It was a disaster. But I will say, that every other time I made it, it came out just like she said it would, I promise. She's not kidding about not over-beating and over-baking it, either.
The BEST Red Velvet Cake Recipe ~Easy, Homemade, Moist with Southern Flair~
- Be sure to not overbake! Check the cake at 30 minutes as some ovens run really hot.
- To bake cupcakes, bake for 18-20 minutes, checking at the 18 minute mark.
OK OK IíVE HEARD YOU! YOU WANT A GOOD RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE AND YOU WANT IT NOW!!!! (Yeah Iíve got your emails lol. I love you guys!)
I have been on the search for the best homemade red velvet cake recipe for a while now. I wanted one that was easy, super moist, melt-in-your mouth soft with that signature light chocolaty red velvet taste.
Iíve tried a few recipes that wereÖOK. Nothing that really blew my stilettos off though. Until I played around with merging three recipes (God I love Chemistry) and out came THE MASTERPIECE!!!
This red velvet cake recipe is SUPERB!!!! And look it passes the stick to the back of the fork test like a champ!The BEST Red Velvet Cake Recipe. Easy. Moist. Homemade 5.0 from 28 reviews
Recipe type: Dessert
Author: Divas Can Cook Ė Monique
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 50 mins
This is the best red velvet cake Iíve ever had! Super moist with the perfect, classic red velvet taste. Everybody that I make this for loves it!! Hopefully you will too!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 Tablespoon of unsweetened, cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1-2 oz. red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon of white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup of prepared plain hot coffee (donít skip this ingredient)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and vegetable oil.
- Mix in the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and red food coloring until combined.
- Stir in the coffee and white vinegar.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients a little at time, mixing after each addition, just until combined.
- Generously grease and flour two round cake pans with crisco and flour.
- Pour the batter evenly into each pan.
- Bake in the middle rack for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake as cake will continue to cook as it cools.
- Let cool on a cooling rack until the pan are warm to the touch.
- Slide a knife or offset spatula around the inside of the pans to loosen the cake from the pan.
- Remove the cakes from the pan and let them cool.
- Frost the cake with cream cheese frosting when the cakes have cooled completely.
Best Red Velvet Cake Recipe-So Moist with Cream Cheese Frosting | Divas Can Cook
ETA - I almost forgot the cream cheese frosting. Her recipe is so good, I don't know why. It does get a little soft, though, but it tastes amazing.
- If the frosting is too thick, add in a few drops of milk (about 1/4 teaspoon) at a time and stir after each addition. It doesn't take much liquid to thin it out. If you add too much milk, you'll have to add more powdered sugar to thicken it back up which will make it sweeter.
Iím not a big fan of frostings. Most of them are just waaay to sweet and completely overpower whatever you put it on. However I LOVVVVE this homemade cream cheese frosting recipe. This frosting is sweet but not overly sweet. I can eat a spoonful without gagging. Itís quick, easy, fluffy, creamy and spreads with ease! I love that I can still taste the cream cheese in this recipe. Once youíve made this frosting, youíll realize what an insult store bought cream cheese frostings are.
Nothing can take the place of a frosting made with real butter baby!!! I use this homemade cream cheese frosting recipe for my red velvet cakes, carrot cakes, ice cream cakes, chocolate cakes and whatever else tastes good with a cream cheese frosting.
Easy, Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting
Watch me make this homemade cream cheese frosting from start to finish! Easy, Creamy, Fluffy Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Serves: Frost 3 layer cake
- 2 (8 oz) packs cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk, made need more
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Add softened cream cheese into large bowl.
- Pour in milk, butter and vanilla extract.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour in half of the powdered sugar.
- Mix until combined.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar.
- Mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the side of the bowl if needed.
Easy, Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting- My Favorite Recipe | Divas Can Cook