Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Novice

Thread: Frosting Choices Butterscotch rum or Chocolate Caramel Spice?

Default Frosting Choices Butterscotch rum or Chocolate Caramel Spice?

Chocolate Caramel Spice Frosting

29 Mar
    Hello Friends!
    Can you believe that March is almost over, Spring is here, and Easter is right around the corner! I honestly didnt even realize just how close Easter was until I actually looked at a calendar. I plan to work on some fun Easter cupcakes this weekend so Ill be sure to take lots of pictures and share with you some of my tips for creating the perfect Easter cupcake treats. For today though, I want to share a recipe for some sinfully delicious frosting.
    Chocolate Caramel Spice frosting is perfect for almost any cake flavor. I suggest making a batch of the frosting first, tasting it (try not to eat it all) and then deciding what flavor cake you think it will best accompany. So far my favorite cakes to use with this frosting have been:

• Chocolate Coffee Cake
    • French Vanilla Cake
    • Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cake

Ive worked hard on perfecting the recipe and am so happy to finally be able to share it with you!
    Chocolate Caramel Spice Frosting
    What Youll Need:

1. 2 sticks of unsalted butter (room temperature)
    2. 1/3 cup of cream-cheese (room temperature)
    3. cup of milk chocolate chips
    4. 15-20 caramel squares
    5. 2 tbs of heavy cream
    6. 2 cups of powdered sugar (sifted)
    7. 2 1/2 tbs of cinnamon

The Process

• Start by unwrapping all of your caramel squares. Place them in a pan on the stove over medium heat.
    • Stirring the squares constantly, add the heavy cream.
    • Continue cooking until the caramel is melted and you have a nice caramel sauce. Let cool (do not put in the fridge though)
    • In a mixer, cream together your butter and cream-cheese until it is light and fluffy.
    • Add in 1 cups of the powdered sugar and all of the cinnamon continue mixing for 1-2 minutes until well combined.
    • In a microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate chips (usually 40 seconds does it) Make sure the chocolate is melted smooth and does not have any chunks left in it.
    • Pour the melted chocolate in the mixer and mix for 1 minute.
    • Add in the remaining cup of powdered sugar mix well.
    • Pour in the cooled caramel sauce mix for 1 minute or until frosting is smooth.

** If your frosting is too thin add more powdered sugar. **
    There you have it another great go-to frosting recipe! If you have questions about the recipe, let me know. I hope you all enjoy the recipe as much as I do.

Stay Sweet!
    Butterscotch Rum Frosting

23 May Hooray For Booze Infused Cupcakes!

Hello Friends!
    Its been too long since I last posted. I have been busy, busy, busy lately so bear with me while I give you some fun updates! First things first, the truck is so close to completion. We are looking for a company to do the graphics now and hope to be running by the 1st or 2nd week in June so exciting! I absolutely cannot wait to share photos with you. Ive also been busy making some great connections in the Orlando and Daytona area and have the opportunity to participate in some seriously awesome events!
    Ill be giving away lots of cupcake minis at SheCon 2012 this weekend in the Crave Local booth. She Con is an amazing conference for female bloggers (Yay for girl power!!). This year it is being held at Disney! Exciting, right?! So if youre a female blogger in the Orlando area, you should look into getting your ticket. Its going to be an awesome event! Click here and you can even get 50% off your ticket price!!
    Im also going to have my cupcakes at a CraveAmerica event in Orlando on June 14th more details to come!!
    And last but not least, lets have a little Cupcake Wars update shall we?? Ok, if you insist! I recently got an email from the producers saying that they really like our brand, our video, and our energy! The email stated that we have made it to the final, final, final round of auditions!! I was told Ill be contacted within the next week or so to hear the official decision and to start discuss filming schedule! Nothing is guaranteed yet, but Im so proud of myself for even making it this far. Just goes to show that hard work pays off, and Im not crazy for trying to pursue my dreams of business ownership and success.
    I feel really blessed and overly excited about all the opportunities that are coming my way. Im ready to kick this business up a notch
    Ok! Thanks for humoring methe updates are over. On to the recipes!!
    Today I am going to share a delicious recipe for Butterscotch Rum frosting! This the frosting to use if you really want to WOW party guests!
    Butterscotch Rum Frosting
    Ingredients:

• 2 sticks of unsalted, room temp, butter
    • 3 cups of powdered sugar
    • cup of flour just trust me on this!
    • Pinch of salt
    • 2 cups of Butterscotch chips (I get mine in the baking isle at Publix)
    • 4 tbs of dark rum

Directions:

1. Melt the butterscotch chips in the microwave (or you can use stove top method) Let cool completely before using in frosting
    2. In a stand mixer, cream the butter on medium speed for about 2 minutes. You want it to be smooth
    3. Slowly add in 2 cups powdered sugar and mix on low speed until well combined
    4. Add in the 4 tbs of rum and the remaining cup of powdered sugar. Add them at the same time.
    5. Mix on medium speed for a minute
    6. Add in the cooled butterscotch and mix until well combined
    7. At this point your frosting will be too thin add in the flour and the salt.
    8. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute
    9. Frost your cupcakes and enjoy!

Extra Tips:
    If you want a stronger rum flavor, I suggest brushing the top of the cupcake with rum. If you put more rum into the frosting, it doesnt hold up too well. Just my experience.
    Always remember to add your liquids, especially liquor, in with your powdered sugar. This prevents the butter from curdling.
    I like this frosting on a dark chocolate cupcake filled with butterscotch pudding. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
    Stay Sweet.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Free Charmed.

I'm bookmarking all of these! Thanks, Novice! I never thought of adding flour to frosting, I'll have to keep that in mind.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I'm drooling just thinking of them. Shame I'm still on a diet....
    Free Charmed.

If I bake something myself, I'm good with just one (or two!), but then I have to give everything else away. lol I love baking just to bake, especially when it starts to get cooler.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I'm not a baker, but I love to look at the pictures.
    Free Charmed.

It's much safer to look at the pictures! Acting on the recipe is probably more the problem. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

I'm drooling just thinking of them. Shame I'm still on a diet....
    Aha! This is easy to tell when you start posting recipes like mad.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thread Information