Monday Pick-Me-Up Cupcake
31 Jan Coffee Cupcakes!
Alright, as promised, here is a yummy cupcake recipe to kick off your week right!
Dark Chocolate Coffee Bean CupcakesCupcake:
- 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup and 2 tbs of whole milk
- 1/3 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line Cupcake Pan with liners
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixer on medium speed, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, and white sugar. Add in the milk, coffee, and melted butter.
- Slowly whisk in the dry ingredients.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2tbs of brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar – add more for a thicker consistency
- Cream Butter and powdered sugar in a mixer on medium high speed.
- Mix together instant coffee, brewed coffee, milk, cocoa powder, vanilla extract
- Add to mixer and whisk on medium high for about 3 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
- Put in piping bag and frost your cupcakes
- Garnish with coffee beans or chocolate shavings if desired
The perfect morning pick-me up or after dinner treat! Enjoy!
**Image courtesy of Life is better with Cupcakes **
Monday Pick-Me-Up Cupcake « Stay Calm, Have A Cupcake!