2 Green Onions, chopped

1 Jalapeno, thinly sliced

Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced into thin strips length-wise

Cup Red Onion, thinly sliced

8 Sugar Snap Peas, cut into 4ths length-wise

Cup Dry-Roasted Unsalted Peanuts

1 Teaspoon Sesame Seeds

1 Teaspoon Fresh Cilantro, chopped

Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a large mixing bowl, preferably the same bowl you are going to serve or store the salad in.

Pop the bowl containing all the ingredients for the dressing into the microwave for twenty seconds. This will melt the peanut butter a bit and make it easier to work with. Whisk to combine. Set on the side.

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once at a rolling boil, drop in the rice noodles. Boil for seven minutes. Drain and run cold water over the noodles to stop the cooking process.

While the noodles continue cooling, chop all the vegetables and then toss them into the large bowl with the dressing.

Add the peanuts and sesame seeds to a small skillet. Toast the nuts and seeds over medium/low heat for two to three minutes. Once you smell the peanuts, they are done. Remove the nuts and seeds from the heat and give them a coarse chop.

Add the noodles to the bowl and toss together with the vegetables and dressing. Transfer the salad to the bowl you plan on serving it in. Top with chopped toasted peanuts, sesame seeds, and chopped cilantro.

Asian Noodle Salad
    Free Charmed.

yum. i make variations of this salad all the time. definitely one of my staples, especially in summer.
    i usually skip the vinegar though, and only use lemon, and i use more oil (usually half sesame oil, half olive oil) and instead of peanut butter i just use chopped peanuts or cashews (by 'chopped', i mean i put them in a ziploc bag and bash the shit out of them with the heaviest kitchen tool at my disposal), and i add a lot of fresh grated ginger root which IMO makes the sauce taste even more incredible, and a dash of fish sauce.

i also use whatever veggies i have lying around. this is delicious with red cabbage, snow peas, shredded lettuce, broccoli, edamame, julienned carrot, julienned turnip, etc. also incredible if you add a bit of thinly sliced mango.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Do you think a multigrain angel hair would work instead of the rice noodle? If so I wanna make that this weekend.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    yum. i make variations of this salad all the time. definitely one of my staples, especially in summer.
    i usually skip the vinegar though, and only use lemon, and i use more oil (usually half sesame oil, half olive oil) and instead of peanut butter i just use chopped peanuts or cashews (by 'chopped', i mean i put them in a ziploc bag and bash the shit out of them with the heaviest kitchen tool at my disposal), and i add a lot of fresh grated ginger root which IMO makes the sauce taste even more incredible, and a dash of fish sauce.

i also use whatever veggies i have lying around. this is delicious with red cabbage, snow peas, shredded lettuce, broccoli, edamame, julienned carrot, julienned turnip, etc. also incredible if you add a bit of thinly sliced mango.
    Useful to know. Thanks
    Free Charmed.

^^^
    you're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    Do you think a multigrain angel hair would work instead of the rice noodle? If so I wanna make that this weekend.
    i've made this with soba noodles which are buckwheat so yeah, i think it would work with pretty much any kind of noodle.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

This is one of my favorite summer pastas. I haven't had it this summer yet, maybe I'll snag your recipe since I don't even know where mine went.... Thank you, Novice!
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Elite Member

I do a variation of this with ramen noodles. I leave them uncooked and let the dressing sit on the salad overnight. Always a crowd pleaser.

I've never put peanut butter in though. Might have to try that next time.

Thanks Sput i'll give it a go.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    This is one of my favorite summer pastas. I haven't had it this summer yet, maybe I'll snag your recipe since I don't even know where mine went.... Thank you, Novice!
    Pleasure, I'm always on the look out for something new, & this blog is great.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Thread Information