1 Tsp Paprika
    1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
    1/2 Tsp Oregano, Dried
    1/2 Tsp Basil
    1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
    1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
    Peanut Oil for Frying

Directions:
    Pound chicken breast till they are thin enough for your taste. Cut into chunks or fingers for nuggets or strips.

Place chicken in plastic bag with pickle juice and marinate for an hour (preferably overnight)

Mix up eggs in separate bowl for the egg wash

Mix flour and remaining spices in another shallow bowl

Remove chicken from the pickle juice and drain well. Dip into the egg wash and then into the flour mixture

Fry the chicken however you prefer. Chick-Fil-A deep fries in a pressure cooker but I just cooked it in peanut oil on the stove top and it was great.

I also used large hamburger buns and buttered them on both sides and lightly grilled them on my griddle pan. Add a dill pickle slice to a sandwich and you have non-homophobic goodness!
    Waterslide, emkat and Laurent like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Can't wait to try this, it looks really easy.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

It really was. Just like frying regular chicken. The pickle juice is really what sets it apart.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Below is the actual recipe from the Chik-Fil-A restaurants. If you don't look closely, you can miss the extra ingredient they add.

Cook Time: 30 Min
    Prep time: 8 hours
    Ingredients:
    4-Chicken Breasts
    1 Cup Pickle Juice
    2-Eggs
    1 Cup Flour
    2 Tbsp Sugar
    1 Tsp Salt
    1 Tsp Paprika
    $1 donation to the Family Research Council
    1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
    1/2 Tsp Oregano, Dried
    1/2 Tsp Basil
    1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
    1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
    Peanut Oil for Frying

you forgot the 1 teaspoon of hatred and a 1/2 cup of homophobia

Chicken pounders!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Chicken pounders!
    YEAH? Like you don't pound your chicken...

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    YEAH? Like you don't pound your chicken...

I DON'T! Well, hardly ever.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

So I'm really torn about this situation.

As a person who believes in equality for all - I'm disgusted/disappointed people can still be so backward.

However, my mom (the least politically aware person you may ever meet) took my 78 y/o grandmother for Chic-fil-a on Saturday, and had to walk through a line of protesters screaming insults at them and calling my mother and my granny bigots.

That's bullshit. You don't create change by abusing the other side. I was raised in a extremely bigoted religion, and I didn't change my mind because people beat me into thinking their way -- it was because of moments of clarity and critical thinking.

I just hope well-intentioned people demanding equality for all aren't using tactics that undermine the cause.

/end rant

Now, I can't wait to make this recipe since I'm no longer supporting this company and my husband is a huge fan of their chicken. Thanks for posting it.
    sprynkles likes this.

I'm sorry your mom and gma, had to go through that. That's the problem, sometimes a few assholes have to ruin the spirit of the protest.
    cherrypye likes this.

Pickle juice! That's what the trick is! This will totally cure my Chick-Fil-A cravings. Thanks for posting that, gas chick!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    So I'm really torn about this situation.

As a person who believes in equality for all - I'm disgusted/disappointed people can still be so backward.

However, my mom (the least politically aware person you may ever meet) took my 78 y/o grandmother for Chic-fil-a on Saturday, and had to walk through a line of protesters screaming insults at them and calling my mother and my granny bigots.

That's bullshit. You don't create change by abusing the other side. I was raised in a extremely bigoted religion, and I didn't change my mind because people beat me into thinking their way -- it was because of moments of clarity and critical thinking.

I just hope well-intentioned people demanding equality for all aren't using tactics that undermine the cause.

/end rant

Now, I can't wait to make this recipe since I'm no longer supporting this company and my husband is a huge fan of their chicken. Thanks for posting it.
    That's horrible, cherrypye! I'd like to think that in a perfect world protests are meant to bring attention and awareness to a situation and educate people, not spread even more hatred. Those protesters were out of line calling your mom and grandmother names and I'm guessing they didn't get their point across either.
    cherrypye likes this.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Yeah, my mom still didn't understand until I explained it all last night. She said she just wanted some waffle fries, lol.

I can't wait to try this recipe!
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    Yeah, my mom still didn't understand until I explained it all last night. She said she just wanted some waffle fries, lol.

I can't wait to try this recipe!
    I have to be honest, just thinking about it makes me really angry. They don't know anything about your mom and grandma! I mean Antoine Dodson made a few videos about this and said he's gay and he still is going to eat there to support the employees who treat him very nicely, and was worried they might lose their jobs. I guess that's another way of looking at it. Are they going to call him a bigot, too? Protesting is a good thing, but some protesters put blinders on their eyes and forget the good thing they're supposed to be doing. I sometimes just want to leave this planet! /end of rant part II
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Then they're no better than the pro lifers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information