I love eggs and bacon, and I especially love frittata, as in my opinion, it can be eaten any time, never mind just in the morning.
Bacon Cheese Frittata
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese *
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with onions, bacon and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
* I always use old, crumbly cheddar.